PDA

View Full Version : Slow No Wake restriction

Prostar Rich
06-13-2008, 11:06 AM
We will be heading up to our lake home on Lauderdale Lakes in WI today and with all the rain Lauderdale Lakes and several of the surrounding lakes now have a slow no wake restriction.

http://www.theweekextra.com/news/

Man I hope we get some dry weather real soon. The boating season is short enough let alone losing what I hope to be is just this weekend and not several weekends of the slow no wake restriction.

Prostar Rich

Roonie's
06-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow that sucks. I understand why they did this.

Around me all the local lakes are slow no wake zones until noon everyday of the week. I have 4 good sized lakes within 2 mile radius of my house with these restrictions. It sucks but most of the fisherman come off the lake by noon so that helps as the fishermen outnumber the ski/wake enthusiasts easily 10 to 1. Most of the time I am the only wakeboard boat in the parking lot.

No Skeez
06-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I-94 is closed down in a few areas around Madison and the Dells... Here's a link to a traffic cam on the bridge at I-94 over the Wisconsin River.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/madison/cam014.htm

Prostar Rich
06-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I-94 is closed down in a few areas around Madison and the Dells... Here's a link to a traffic cam on the bridge at I-94 over the Wisconsin River.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/madison/cam014.htm

Wow that water is extremely high. I know further north of me has had even more rain.

Thanks for posting the link.

Prostar Rich

JimN
06-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Which part of Lauderdale?

87 TriStar 190
06-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I ski on the Lauderdale Lakes in the evenings during the week. Are you only there on weekends? Usually either there or whitewater Lake.

atlfootr
06-13-2008, 05:36 PM
With all the rain, Lauderdale Lakes and several of the surrounding lakes now have a slow no wake restriction.

Man I hope we get some dry weather real soon.That's ALL WE'VE HAD -- Dry Weather!
Send us THE RAIN :D

JimN
06-13-2008, 06:40 PM
If you know where the Mann Bros shop is, at HWY 11 and 67, across from teh golf course, a former MC dealer had a store there and we had quite a few customers on Lauderdale. Nice to hear they re-did the public launch, because it sucked when I was out there in '00 and part of '01.

lanier92prostar
06-13-2008, 10:07 PM
That's ALL WE'VE HAD -- Dry Weather!
Send us THE RAIN :D

You can send it to the DESERT aslo known as Atlanta also.

JimN
06-13-2008, 11:14 PM
"Send us THE RAIN"

Come and get it. One of the local stations just said we've already got 10.71" in June, making it the most rain in June ever. I already sucked up about 500 gallons from my basement and it's still seeping in.

Danimal
06-14-2008, 11:44 AM
We will be heading up to our lake home on Lauderdale Lakes in WI today and with all the rain Lauderdale Lakes and several of the surrounding lakes now have a slow no wake restriction.

http://www.theweekextra.com/news/

Man I hope we get some dry weather real soon. The boating season is short enough let alone losing what I hope to be is just this weekend and not several weekends of the slow no wake restriction.

Prostar Rich

Come over to Brown's Lake today. We are still open for business! It's probably a quick 20-25 minute drive for you.

Prostar Rich
06-16-2008, 08:46 AM
I ski on the Lauderdale Lakes in the evenings during the week. Are you only there on weekends? Usually either there or whitewater Lake.

I try to get up to Lauderdale as often as possible during the week. I am there every weekend. Lake was very high this past weekend and I am not sure if the lake level will go down enough during the week to remove the slow no wake restriction by this weekend.

Jim -My home is located on Mill lake. I do know of the MC dealer that used to be located by Mann Bros. I had never had any dealings with them and I don't think they lasted very long at that location. There are a lot of MC on Lauderdale Lakes and a lot of those boats were sold when the marina on the lake had a MC dealership. I bought my MC from them.

Prostar Rich