PDA

View Full Version : The X's Wakefest 2008 Knoxville, Tn June 21

Knox Wake
06-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Saturday, June 21st @ Volunteer Landing in Knoxville, a wakeboarding tournament like no other, X-STYLE! There will be boarding, there will be X-Chix in bikini's, there will be bands, beer, food, vendors and more!! Riders will be battling it out for thousands of dollars in cash, wakeboard gear and a free trip to Orlando/OWC (flight, hotel, etc). The format is simple. 5 mins "expression session" to land/fall on as many tricks as you can before your time is up. Pro wakeboards Keith Lyman and Zane Schwank will be on hand for clinics and to ride for the crowd.

This all day event is sure to be X-tensive. Local X bands to appear: Verona, The American Plague and The Third Grade Haters! So come one come all to Wakefest!

For more information/signup please go to www.knoxwake.com

Brought to you by MasterCraft Boats, KnoxWake.com, American Boat Center, The Wakeshop, 94.3 The X, The BoardRoom, Papa Johns Pizza, Heineken Light Beer, The Prince Deli and more.

Entry fee cost for pre-registration:
USA Waterski Members $35
Non USA Waterski Member's $45
*Must receive your check by mail before June 19, 2008

If you pay the day of the event it will be an extra $5.00:
USA Waterski Members $40
Non USA Waterski Member's $50

Send/Make Check Out To:
KnoxWake
155 Sherway Road, Suite 1
Knoxville, Tn 37922

Intermediate: Up to 2 inverts. Spins up to 360
Advanced: Up to 4 inverts. Spins up to 540
Expert: 1 mobe allowed. Up to 6 inverts. Spins up to 720
Pro: Anything goes!

We have limited space and will go quick so sign up today!

ShamrockIV
06-24-2008, 09:50 AM
bump!!!

pics????????????????

Monte
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
We left our camera at home, Knox had one though.. He even got some pics of the swimsuit comp..

SkiDog
06-24-2008, 10:37 AM
bump!!!

pics????????????????

I'm with you Shamy! Where's the pics? Knox called me last night and said he had a bunch of the bikini babes to post, but he was tooooo busy running LED's in his damn boat! :confused::confused::confused: MAYBE, just maybe, he'll get around to posting them today!:(

ShamrockIV
06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm with you Shamy! Where's the pics? Knox called me last night and said he had a bunch of the bikini babes to post, but he was tooooo busy running LED's in his damn boat! :confused::confused::confused: MAYBE, just maybe, he'll get around to posting them today!:(

as usual we think alike dawg!!!

led's??? man the sun is out!!!!! lol

wakeX2wake
06-24-2008, 10:59 AM
in knoxs defense the LEDs will be sweet in the dusky dark... i got most of mine in this past weekend and currently busting my hump to find two more to finish the project for the time being

VOLFAN
06-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I know those lights on his tower speakers will blind ya!

Hey dog did you let Knox borrow your level for drilling the holes?

Knox's_Better_half
06-24-2008, 11:10 AM
OK.....Knox doesnt have the pics....I DO!!!! He said that he felt like a dirty old man...I mean Dog taking those pics!!!!8p Yeah, I could see that he was in so much pain as he was snapping the camera!! :rolleyes: Anyway, I will try and get them put on here later today. I have got 4 kids and a house to clean for a showing.......so be patient.....leg humpers:D

wakeX2wake
06-24-2008, 11:11 AM
OK.....Knox doesnt have the pics....I DO!!!! He said that he felt like a dirty old man...I mean Dog taking those pics!!!!8p Yeah, I could see that he was in so much pain as he was snapping the camera!! :rolleyes: Anyway, I will try and get them put on here later today. I have got 4 kids and a house to clean for a showing.......so be patient.....leg humpers:D

ok she definitely just got a top 10 coolest wives ever award

Knox's_Better_half
06-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Oh, and he wants to get the LED's done before fire on the water up at Norris. Which is this weekend. So, I guess he better get busy!8p:D:D

Knox's_Better_half
06-24-2008, 11:13 AM
ok she definitely just got a top 10 coolest wives ever award

Thank you, I try!! :cool: He is married, not dead!:rolleyes::D

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 07:45 AM
OK, so these are not the greatest pics and there are not very many of them. I am sure there are more on the wakefest site..........so with that being said.......here ya go leg humpers8p:D

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 07:47 AM

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 07:53 AM

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
BTW....the one in yellow....#5.....she won $500. Knox didnt get very many pics....so, enjoy.

ShamrockIV
06-25-2008, 07:59 AM
just $500????

she could have made that in a few shifts at the KATCH!! lol

TMCNo1
06-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Made my day! I jus lauve dis coundry, I lauve Amedica!

ShamrockIV
06-25-2008, 08:36 AM
#1 isn't it a little early to be into the "tomato" plants???

wakeX2wake
06-25-2008, 09:19 AM
#4 is perfect for me... i love brown hair and orange is one of my favorite colors... good call on the shot Knox and great post KBH

ShamrockIV
06-25-2008, 09:35 AM
]#4 is perfect for me[/B]... i love brown hair and orange is one of my favorite colors... good call on the shot Knox and great post KBH

lol good luck with that!!!

let us know how it works out for u!!! lol

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

wakeX2wake
06-25-2008, 09:39 AM
trust me... if it works out... EVERY one will know haha

ShamrockIV
06-25-2008, 09:44 AM
trust me... if it works out... EVERY one will know haha

lol i hear u!!!!!!!!:cool:

wakeX2wake
06-25-2008, 09:49 AM
and... i don't have a g/f but i do know of a couple of girls who would be mad if they knew i said that...

(sorry it's an old mitch hedberg line)

SkiDog
06-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Those pics were OK, but Know PROMISED me there were more!

TMCNo1
06-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Must be his private collection!:rolleyes::D

ShamrockIV
06-25-2008, 11:24 AM

he said he felt like a dirty old man!!!

he reminded himself of skidog!!!!!!!
:D

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Here are some others that I took at Wake Fest '08

This is Chris, Knox, Zane and Monte in the 40th XStar

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 12:11 PM

ShamrockIV
06-25-2008, 12:12 PM
nice pics!!!!!

is monte practicing for a field sobriety test????lol

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 12:13 PM
The CSX was pulling most of the boarders. Did a great job

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Beautiful bote!!!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-25-2008, 12:19 PM

KnoxX2
06-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Great pics ....

Thanks babe!

Knox Wake Fest was a great event and let me tell you Ryan from ABC did a outstanding job. I hope that we see more events in K-town from these guys.

Got to work a lot this week so I will post latter and tell you all how the whole weekend went. Lets just say we were busy from Fri AM to Sun PM. There were a lot of firsts this weekend.

More to come!

Knox Wake
06-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks to all who came out to the X's Wakefest 2008 this past Saturday in Knoxville, TN. We had a great turnout in riders, spectators and girls getting down to practically nothing to win our X's bikini contest. Like most wakeboard events we said it would start early in the a.m., but we managed to be on what us Knoxville wakeboarders call "wakeboard time." Which is a fancy way of saying we were late getting started, but nonetheless we eventual did.

By noon we had live local bands including Verona, The American Plague and The Third Grade Haters playing loud, our Advance division battling it out behind the 08' MasterCraft CRX, hot pizza being served while Heineken Light was being poured. Our divisions, from Intermediate to Outlaw, rode for over $3,000 cash and prizes included a seven-day trip to Orlando with flight, hotel, a seven-day pass to Orlando Watersports Complex and a three-day boat pass.

The Intermediate and Advanced divisions rode behind the new center console boat provided by MasterCraft, the CRX, which to everyone's surprise had a big wake that left several over-rotating the easiest of tricks. The Expert and Outlaw divisions rode behind the 2008 Pro Tour boat, MasterCraft X-Star/40th Edition, which also proved to live-up to its name with an overwhelmingly large wake.

Pro wakeboarders Keith Lyman and Zane Schwank were on hand all weekend, following the free wakeboard clinics, helping out with judging, driving and putting on, and partaking in a little side exhibition for everyone including some great bare-footing by Zane himself. As the bands played throughout the day more and more boats packed in along the riverfront of Volunteer Landing.

After announcing our Intermediate and Advanced division winners we went straight into the bikini contest, which was judged by Keith, Zane and regional Atlanta Liquid Force rider, Kyle Wells. The winner was the University of Tennessee's very own Margaret Dell who took home $500. When the bikini contest had come to an end the riding continued with the Expert division.

Following, the Expert division had around 10 guys go head-to-head with two hits off the double-up to go as big as they could go. Winner of the event, Kyle Wells, threw down two solid hits and took home $300 for his ride back to ATL.

After the double-up contest was over we had our last and final set, the Outlaw division. With only two entered riders going for the chance to win $500, plus a big trip to O-Dubs on the line, these Knoxville locals didn't want to settle for second place. Both Justin Jenkins and Daniel Walden threw down great runs, but in the end it was Justin who walked away with first, leaving Daniel with second place.

As the day was coming to an end the crowd was thrown plenty of give-a-ways, riders were crowed, and Zane and Kyle took another pass for the ending of a great Southern Style tournament. Big thanks to all the riders, spectators and local area sponsors of this event.

Also thanks to the following:

Judges
Keith Lyman, Zane Schwank, Kyle Wells, Charlie Fethe. Jackson Arms, John Mills, Justin "Judge" Jenkins

Drivers
Zane Schwank, Travis Powell

Announcer
The ever so funny Ryan Jones. Don't quite your day job, but if you do you can always work in radio!

94.3 The X
Brian Case, Shane. Look forward to working along side you guys when we bring the Pro Tour stop to Knoxville.

Tee Shirts/Logos:
Michael Branning & Michelle Bowling Thanks for all that you guys do for the wakeboard sence here in Knoxville and for all the help with KnoxWake.com *www.labelindustries.com

American Boat Center/The Wakshop
For putting on such a great event like always. Ride Local, Buy Local.

MasterCraft Boat
Big thanks to Chris Owens, Mr. Crutchfield and Mr. Dorton...Thanks for the use of the Pro Tour X-Star and for all your support for our local sence here in Knoxville.

All X' Wakefest Sponsors
KnoxWake.com
American Boat Center
The Wakeshop
Mastercraft Of Knoxville
Papa John's
The Board Room
94.3 The X
Heineken Light

Also to anyone else who helped with setup/break down this event, we thank you!

***** We encourage you to stop by one of our events if you're ever in the Knoxville or Chattanooga area. In Knoxville we have events like our weekly rail jam, boat shows, clinics with big name pros like Lyman, Watson, Schwank, Harf, just to name a few. We also have video premiers for all the new wakeboard videos, lake meet and greets, wakeboard contest, NWL, INT, Rockin the Docks, Fire on the Water and other great events. Please visit www.knoxwake.com (Knoxville) or www.chattwake.com (Chattanooga) for more information or to find a pull. We hope to see you soon! *****

-Pics from the event-

KnoxWake pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/72157605754673462/

Keith Lyman clinic pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/72157605791701787/

Allan Mueller ALM Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/almphoto/collections/72157605789036302/

All KnoxWake.com event pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/