PDA

View Full Version : No Wake Everywhere in the Milw Area

WTRSK1R
06-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Man what a strange spring. It seemed like it took forever to warm up, then we hit the No Wake spring because of lake levels. Got some skiing in while it was still a bit chilly, but the lakes were at a reasonable water level. Finally starting to warm up and we have 8 inches of rain in less then 30 hours. Every lake in the area is back to No Wake. Some are up a foot or more because of the rivers and creeks that feed them. I guess I should be happy that other then a little standing water in my back yard I am in good shape, but it really stinks that I can't take the boat out on a sunny 77 degree evening. Oh well, eventually it should be back to normal...then the snow will start.:(

TX.X-30 fan
06-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Looks like ya'll got hammered with water, sorry to hear that good luck.

Chicago190
06-11-2008, 05:06 AM
Yeah SW Wisconsin is no wake for the most part as well. Luckily the boat is going back north in 2 weeks to our private lake so I don't have to worry about it.

TMCNo1
06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
They just want you to be careful and not hit the occasional floating house!

daverbeck
07-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Lac Labelle, the lake I ski on, finally opened the morning ot July 4th. Sore arms today. Just like starting the season over. Pewaukee lake is still SNW.

WTRSK1R
07-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Daverbeck,
Do you live on Lac la belle? We used to ski there quite a bit, but have not gone as much in the last couple of years. This year with all the construction in Oconmowoc, its almost impossible to even get to the launch.

Suppose it keeps the boat traffic down though.

Steve