PDA

View Full Version : Chicago - SouthWest Suburbs?

kylegansel
06-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Anyone skiing in the SouthWest Suburbs or Chicago? We ski in Sturgis, MI on the weekends at our Cottage but I'm looking to practice a little during the week.
-k

erkoehler
06-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Where are you in the suburbs? I get out on the water in St. Charles one in awhile when I can break away from work.

kylegansel
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I live in Oak Lawn and work in Downer's Grove. I don't have a boat here of course cause it's at our lake but I have gas money and clean feet!!!
-k

cbryan70
06-10-2008, 10:11 PM
ski or board? if you dont mind a small wake and some beers shoot me a pm with your info. I ski in Elgin, bout 35 min or so from you.

erkoehler
06-10-2008, 10:54 PM
St. Charles, IL has some excellent water and two slalom courses if your in to slalom.

TOO-TALL
06-11-2008, 12:52 AM
I live in Kankakee about an hour south of downtown Chi town.And am willing to meet somewhere within and hours drive with my boat to ride.My driver and spotter for this year are very busy So that leaves me hang'n.

Let me know.

swatguy
06-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Too-Tall

How is the river down by you?

The water at our cottage in Shebyville is up 10ft. Haven't got a final call on the Illinois River but with that high winds the river has to be a messs and it was flowing hard. Not sure if it is flooded yet. I am headed to KY on a houseboat trip thursday to Tuesday but after that hopefully it is season on and no rain

Kyle,

Probaby not the smoothest wake behind our 2000 XStar but we are always willing to give some pulls if you're interested. I am also going to try and start putting on a ski again with some friends who own one of those other brands Response LXI. They are competitive skiers and they are always looking for people on the IL as well during the week. With all the rain nothing really is a solid bet here. You may tear the heck out of your boat. I am also near Midway Airport so not to far of a haul from Oak Lawn

kylegansel
06-11-2008, 07:16 AM
I am totally into the course. We have an insta-slalom course on our lake in MI. St. Charles is just a little far away from home during the week until I move out that way this fall hopefully.

kylegansel
06-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Swat Guy

I'm heading to Shebyville tomorrow to go camping with my fiance's family. We go there every year around this time. I don't think skiing behind a 2000 X-star would kill me as long as the ballast isn't full. We just sold our 95 Maristar so I was used to V-drive wakes. Now we have a 2003 X-9.

TOO-TALL
06-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Too-Tall

How is the river down by you?

The water at our cottage in Shebyville is up 10ft. Haven't got a final call on the Illinois River but with that high winds the river has to be a messs and it was flowing hard. Not sure if it is flooded yet. I am headed to KY on a houseboat trip thursday to Tuesday but after that hopefully it is season on and no rain

Are river is also high.I drove down to the launch ramp this last weekend and the water was in the parking lot for the trailers.And there was alot of Debries on the ramp and floating, but there was still some idiots out on the water.

I'm headed waaaay up north this weekend to ski.When I get back the rivers should be good to go.And Like you said I'm ready to hit it hard. this spring has sucked.

Later T-T

erkoehler
06-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Are river is also high.I drove down to the launch ramp this last weekend and the water was in the parking lot for the trailers.And there was alot of Debries on the ramp and floating, but there was still some idiots out on the water.

I'm headed waaaay up north this weekend to ski.When I get back the rivers should be good to go.And Like you said I'm ready to hit it hard. this spring has sucked.

Later T-T

Too-tall, where are you headed this weekend?

I am heading to the UP to deliver an X-35.

cbryan70
06-11-2008, 10:55 PM
man what are you charging for delivery on that thing. How is the river looking in st charles erk?

erkoehler
06-11-2008, 10:58 PM
man what are you charging for delivery on that thing. How is the river looking in st charles erk?

River is not looking good. Delivery was included in the deal.

cbryan70
06-11-2008, 11:01 PM
ahhhhh makes sense. Up as high as it was in the spring? i went out when it was no wake on the river and it was HIGH and i dont think it is as high as it was in the spring yet....

erkoehler
06-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Over alot of piers up North, but it should be cresting tomorrow or Friday.

TOO-TALL
06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Too-tall, where are you headed this weekend?

I am heading to the UP to deliver an X-35.

I'm going to Crivitz Wi about an hour north of Green Bay.Leaving tommorow after work.
Might see ya on the road.