PDA

View Full Version : Rubber padding base on new trailers

SKI*MC
04-13-2005, 11:35 PM
We are restoring out trailer right now, and we just had our fenders gelcoated, we would like to protect it, but we dont want to put like a sandpaper grip tape on it. Does anyone out there know where to get the rubber padding that is on the new MC trailers (also on the fiberglass platforms) Any info is apreciated! thanks
Steve

SKI*MC
04-14-2005, 10:14 PM
anyone know what im talking about?

DanC
04-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Yes, I have it on my trailer. Never seen it anywhere else. Little chunks of the diamond shaped rubber are breaking off around the edges of mine. Only 2 years old. Mine is recessed into the fiberglass. I would not recommend it unless 1) you recessed it into the fender, otherwise the edges will REALLY break off 2) don't step on it with shoes.

I have found a variety of other products that are nicer than the ole' sandpaper. Boaters World had some, OSH had some cool ones that I put on an old trailer. Also look up Gator Grip on the internet.

Star92
04-14-2005, 10:32 PM
You can purchase them through a MC dealer. I replaced mine, they have the MC cut in them which looks really good. Mine are not the foam ones though. But Im sure that if the ones you want are on a newer trailer, Master Craft sells them. Mine are rough textured, but they don't feel anything like sandpaper.

erkoehler
04-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Is that like the gator grip stuff?

SKI*MC
04-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Im not sure, that Gator Grip seems to be the same stuff thats on my wakeboard handle, its soft, and it wears away, im looking for the harder rubber sheeting, I'm having a lot of trouble finding it!

Jim
04-16-2005, 01:16 AM
We are restoring out trailer right now, and we just had our fenders gelcoated, we would like to protect it, but we dont want to put like a sandpaper grip tape on it. Does anyone out there know where to get the rubber padding that is on the new MC trailers (also on the fiberglass platforms) Any info is apreciated! thanks
Steve

Many of the new wake surfing boards have a similar product on the decks for traction. It's actually called Astrodeck for ocean boards. I'd try calling Liquid force, Hyperlite or any of the other manufactures and see where they get it. Or just call the MC factory, they should be able to hook you up. it will probably cost you twice as much though.
Good luck

erkoehler
04-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Call a regular marine supply store, I know what you are looking for, but don't know what it is called. It is almost like a low grit sand paper, black, not smooth, but not rough!??? :confused:

SKI*MC
04-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Yeah, i'll post some picks whens its done. We are just tightneing the bolts on everything now, so the pics should be on here on Sunday or monday, i'll post a thread. As for the finding the rubber stuff, still no luck, the MC dealer out here wasnt to enthused to help us, so we called up MC and Rambo Marine, we got some numbers, but it didnt take us far, you have to buy that stuff in sheets of 25 feet! :confused: Anyways, who makes the trailers for MC, is it s certain company, or does MC do it?
Thanks Again,
Steve

DanC
04-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Gator Grip is a lot tougher than your wakeboard handle. It is very popular with the wakeboard crowd. I believe it is based on jet ski applications so it is pretty tough.

AirJunky
04-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Im not sure, that Gator Grip seems to be the same stuff thats on my wakeboard handle, its soft, and it wears away, im looking for the harder rubber sheeting, I'm having a lot of trouble finding it!
I've replaced plenty of the stock MC rubber swimstep pads. Similar stuff as Gator Grip.
http://airjunky.com/traxxed

AR Footer
04-17-2005, 08:15 AM
This might be close to what you are looking for"

www.deckdots.com

I have used this product myself"

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=23463&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Star92
04-17-2005, 11:36 PM
If you call mastercraft parts (factory), they will give you the part number, tell them it's for a 94 mastercraft trailer, single axle. You will have to order from a mc dealer. I have been ordering some things from mastercraft of charlotte. They got me the running lights for my trailer. Easy to deal with, but I call mastercraft first and get my part numbers. My pads/steps have been on my trailer for about three years and are holding up good(garage kept). They were not that expensive, less than 75 bucks for all six. It may have not been that much. They were well worth the money either way.

SKI*MC
04-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks for all the info, i'll look into all of it! Thanks Again!

Star92
04-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Just saw the pics of your trailer, disreguard what I said about ordering the pads for a 94, they wont work. My rear pad, which is the largest and might work on the rear part of your fender is 21" x 9" and has the "MC"star logo cut into it. It was from a 94 mc trailer. My trailer has three pads on each side. Any way, I saw your pics after my post and wanted to correct myself.

SKI*MC
04-18-2005, 11:35 PM
OK thanks for the info on that.