PDA

View Full Version : Where is the water coming from?

VOLFAN
06-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I am getting some water coming in the boat from under the observers seat. It is seeping in where there is about a one ince rise to where it goes from under the observers seat to the longer passenger seat.

What is the thoughts of where this woul dbe comign from. I checked the rub rail and it looks to be sealed pretty well.

jkski
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Did anyone sit on your seats with an extemely wet bathing suit or spill anything. IF, the seat got soaked, you could get some dripping there. Otherwise, if you have a heater on the boat, where is the core mounted and where do the lines run,,,check those for leaks.

ShamrockIV
06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
ur beer cooler is leaking!!!!!!!! easy fix!!!!!

VOLFAN
06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
cooler isn't leaking and not dripping wet bathing suits allowed past the teak!

Knox's_Better_half
06-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Ok you have passed a whole new level here!!! Knox is pretty maticulous.......but it is a boat....made to get wet.....past the teak!:rolleyes::D

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-09-2008, 02:20 PM
How about water dripping off your boards/boardrack and down behind the cushion? I've seen water drip off ours above that location you are referring to.

No water in the storage area?

NU-skier
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM

Suggest you line the area under the seat with a towel that is sitting on life vests to elliminate the wet suit idea.

My storage area got soaked from the observers skiing prior to observing. We have everyone towel off on the teak to keep the dirty lake water hauled into the boat to a minimum. Helped by didn't elliminate the issue. Now the nest is empty and I await the days the kids come back to ski again to get the inside of my storage area wet again. :rolleyes:

ShamrockIV
06-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok you have passed a whole new level here!!! Knox is pretty maticulous.......but it is a boat....made to get wet.....past the teak!:rolleyes::D

like a woman??? right better half???:cool:

ShamrockIV
06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
How about water dripping off your boards/boardrack and down behind the cushion

we may have a winner!!!!!!!!

how much water are u talking about??? like standing water or just damp or what?

Gonzo
06-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Were your skiers that day expierenced. If you Slalom double Hi wraps hold a LOT of water, if you bring a ski on board the wrong way.... ker splash

Gonzo
06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Whoops, 2nd look at the boat... I dont know anything about board wraps...

SkiDog
06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Ok you have passed a whole new level here!!! Knox is pretty maticulous.......but it is a boat....made to get wet.....past the teak!:D

I agree with you there KBH, Oh hell, there's a cloud! We better get home and cover her up now!:D:confused::confused:

VOLFAN
06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I am not that bad, but I don;t want dripping wet people stnading or sitting in the boat. Towel off befor estepping in and keep a towl to sit on. That is nto the probelm I am having so I am not sure where it is coming from....Please more ideas

ShamrockIV
06-09-2008, 08:51 PM

i do pm me!!!

ShamrockIV
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree with you there KBH, Oh hell, there's a cloud! We better get home and cover her up now!:D:confused::confused:

i like rain it washes the cheetos and crap the kids and their mama drop in the boat away!!!!!:D

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
so I am not sure where it is coming from....Please more ideas

Seriously...if you put boards in your racks watch where the water drips. Some will go on the outside of the windshield and some on the inside. It's almost exactly above where you are showing the water spot.

You ever put a board/ski away on the driver's side, sit down to drive, and put your arm/elbow in a puddle of water on the armrest? If so, translate that to the other side...

TX.X-30 fan
06-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I am not that bad, but I don;t want dripping wet people stnading or sitting in the boat. Towel off befor estepping in and keep a towl to sit on. That is nto the probelm I am having so I am not sure where it is coming from....Please more ideas

You have to admit this is on the anal side. ;)

Are there two fingers width between the hangers in your closet???? :D

thijs
06-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Have any kids that might be taking the boat out and doing power turns or anything?

Roonie's
06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
My idea would be if you consistently put a beverage in the beverage holder in the dash right there or anywhere on the dash, they have leak holes with a tube that runs down to that area for overflow and drainage of the beverage cup holders. Also drainage from glove compartment goes there too. Just an idea.

TX.X-30 fan
06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Have any kids that might be taking the boat out and doing power turns or anything?

That avatar is scarry. :D

thijs
06-09-2008, 10:20 PM
That avatar is scarry.

Just the Alberta Coat of Arms.

TX.X-30 fan
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Just the Alberta Coat of Arms.

Like I said. :D

TMCNo1
06-09-2008, 11:24 PM

Gonzo, I'm with you, but I bet they will be available at a restraurant near us soon!:rolleyes::D

TMCNo1
06-09-2008, 11:25 PM
And ya'll thought I was anal! That's my kind of owner!:D