PDA

View Full Version : A must read (Animal Lovers) -Wenzel esq-

mhsb1029
06-07-2008, 04:36 AM
If this story does not get you fired up I am not sure what will. Could not imagine seeing this happen to my dogs.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/583497.html?1212823703

to donate:
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/hoochieraleyfund

atlfootr
06-07-2008, 10:28 AM
First things first ... I'm sorry that owner and his dogs encountered such a rsehole.

I couldn't watch the video after reading the story as my blood was boil'n and my fist almost went thru the flat-screen.

As a dog owner myself for many a countless years, I know how the owner felt.

I get to the part, were " The neighbor told Local 6 that he fired two warning shots and claims the dogs tried to attack him.

Key word here is at the dogs!
Now why not fire up in the air, to spook 'em?
It was obvious of he's intents ... one last thing -
He's name is NEVER MENTIONED.
Where's Michale Vic, when you need 'em?

ProTour X9
06-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Keep them tied up next time.

JohnnyB
06-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm absolutely sick after watching the you-tube version of that. I hope that the shooter gets charged!!

The video is sketchy as to what really happened and is subject to interpretation in a court. You can clearly hear the owner yelling stop, those are my dogs. The dog down and screaming is horrible.

The thing that may work in favor of getting this guy charged is him shooting the one dog aiding the other one....hearless, cruel bastard....the english woman who shot this is on target there.

I hope the shooter gets what's due him!!!

I wanted to climb into the screen and stuff my foot up the shooters ars!!!

Gonzo
06-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Heres another one, The owner is my former CTO. I am mixed on this one, I understand protecting a youngster but who sits on a porch with a gun?? Also the shooters brother was familiar with the animal and knew how gentle it was/is. But again, kid in yard... dog running in to play... if I had one handy I would probably grab it.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080409/NRSTAFF/72960605/-1/NEWSRECRSSGNRL

mhsb1029
06-07-2008, 12:17 PM

Really? Glad to see that you have a heart.

wakolman
06-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't watch the video, and I don't like to see harm done to animals, but I do know that any dog that stays in his own yard or on his leash will never hurt my family.

flipper
06-07-2008, 01:39 PM
How the heck do you mistake a Husky for a wolf??? Feel bad for that guy, and the neighbor is lucky it wasn't my dog....I have guns too!:D

Chief
06-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Pretty cold stuff, was that you in the video?

JohnnyB
06-07-2008, 06:01 PM

A rather callous statement. Even the most responsible dog owners have their dogs get away once in a while. The resulting action of this @$$hole was unreasonable!!!

I have had issues with a neighboring dog and there are much more reasonable steps to alleviate the issue. In my case, the neighboring dog was left to wander each day when the owner left for work, including on the nearbye county highway. The dog would often come to our yard to rough-house with my retriever, eventually drawing him over our invisible fence, allowing my dog to wander, too.

Now, mind you, my kids are afraid of this neighboring dog.

My steps in dealing with this:

1) upgrade my dog's collar so that he doesn't cross my fence (protect my dog and keep him from being a nuisance, wanderer)
2) talk to the neighbor about not allowing their dog to wander because of issues it has created with my dog and because my small children are afraid of this neighboring dog and because it has shown agressiveness to other people in the area (unsuccessful)
3) involve the County Sherriff's department. I had them have a discussion with the owner that future complaints about the wandering dog would involve citations - i.e. verbal warning (successful)
4) my next step would've been to ask them to be cited...didn't get there.

Surprisingly, even though they live about a 1/2 mile away, this neighbor and I are still on good terms and, yes, his dog does escape occasionally (a couple times/month), but he comes to get it right away, wherever it is.

Bottom line, this is extreme unreasonable use of force IMHO. Also, I believe he should be charged with reckless use of a weapon regardless of the rest of the story.

dapicatti
06-07-2008, 08:32 PM

The owner readily admits he is at fault for not having his dogs under control. You can bet it won't happen again. Unfortunately there are 2 sides to every story, I can't imagine the shooter having any reason to do this but I'm sure he will come up with a great one.

I think this is so hard because it hits home with all of us. My dogs got out the other night, and all I could think was its my fault and they could be hit by a car or worse. The family affected is heavily involved in the wakeboarding industry, and they really don't have any extra cash for the bills. They have sacrificed alot so that their daughter can compete in a sport that she loves.

ProTour X9
06-07-2008, 08:48 PM
I wasn't trying to be cold, just came up with an idea so the poor dogs don't get shot next time. We don't know the whole story so its hard to tell whos at fault here. If he was hunting for dogs he's just a jack@$$, but if the dogs were attacking or known hazards then he was doing a good thing. Neither of the dogs are dead are they?? Every time some neighbors dog takes a dump on my lawn or a piss on our flowers, I wouldn't mind stinging them with a BB. Sorry if my thought offended anybody.

dapicatti
06-07-2008, 08:53 PM
It's cool, its a really long thread on wakeworld. There were some cows, apparently the dogs were near the cows and a calf and so the shooter decided they were predators.

You are 100% right about the leash thing. It would have saved all of this commotion. Thanks for the apology.

dapicatti
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM
One dog lost an eye, both are recovering at the vets and have had surgeries. The owner laid down over one dog to protect it while the shooter shot the other one. I can't imagine how horrible that was. Apparently the shooter has also threatened people with guns in the past, could be somewhat of a loose cannon.

ProTour X9
06-07-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry I didn't read the whole WW thread then I wouldn't have been so quick to think its just a loose troublesome dog. The guy sounds like a real d*ckhead, I too own a dog and wouldn't want her around some nuthead like this. My condolences to the owner and the dogs.

mhsb1029
06-08-2008, 02:56 PM
So I guess that I should probably take back the comment about not having a heart. The thread on WW is extremely long, so I don't blame you for not reading it all the first time. That guy sounds like a serious nut job. I hope that Karma comes back and bites him in the arse.