PDA

View Full Version : Bunk Carpeting

mrcrowson
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I need to replace the carpeting on the bow V bunk and I was wondering if it is an easy job at the ramp.

By the look of it I would loosen up the nuts on the back side of them and it should come off. Wrap on new carpet and place it back on the trailer.

I just want to make sure it is not a pain to do at the ramp.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

east tx skier
04-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Shouldn't be. If you loosen your winch just a bit and take the boat up a hill on the trailer, you could probably do it in the driveway. Those bunks are made of a composite material OEM and tend to crack easily. I'd suggest doing it at home in case you need to replace the bunks with plywood.

mrcrowson
04-13-2005, 01:56 PM
By looking at the area that is exposed I see a thick rubber material.
What happened was the bow loop got caught on it and ripped the carpet.

FUN FUN FUN

east tx skier
04-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Mine (93) was a black composite material. The carpet was all that was holding it together.

SKI*MC
04-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Are the bunks the runner ( i cal them runners) the pieces the boat reasts on?

jsonova99
04-22-2005, 07:35 AM
Are the bunks the runner ( i cal them runners) the pieces the boat reasts on?

Yes, those are the bunks

MarkP
04-22-2005, 08:21 AM
I need to replace the carpeting on the bow V bunk and I was wondering if it is an easy job at the ramp.

By the look of it I would loosen up the nuts on the back side of them and it should come off. Wrap on new carpet and place it back on the trailer.

I just want to make sure it is not a pain to do at the ramp.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I think east tx skier is right, (try to do it home). If you do, do it at the ramp pull over to the parking lot,;) .

SKI*MC
04-22-2005, 10:36 PM
When we re-did outs, we already had the boat off the trialer, then wereplaces the wood, we cut out a strip of carpet and laid it on the top, then we wrped the whole thing with carpet. Since your tailer is new you shouldnt have to reaplce the runners themselves, i would take them completly off and recarpet the whole things, and secure it with carpet adhesive.

east tx skier
04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I'd suggest no adhesive. It will make it just that much more difficult to change it out the next time. Stainless steel staples will hold it on very well. Just an opinion.

jimmer2880
04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
I'd suggest no adhesive. It will make it just that much more difficult to change it out the next time. Stainless steel staples will hold it on very well. Just an opinion.

I agree. However - I use roofing nails. They work very well also.

tex
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
on my old supreme. the lake was only a 5 minute drive. i took the boat to a marina and rented a day slip. $7 if i remember. dropped off the boat, went back to the house and did the work(about an hour, if that). went back to the marina-took a ski set and then loaded up.

SKI*MC
04-25-2005, 10:19 PM
oh yeah and we used stainless staples on it, but we only used addhesive on the first strip on the top, that was covered up by another layer of carpet.

jimmer2880
04-26-2005, 06:28 AM
oh yeah and we used stainless staples on it, but we only used addhesive on the first strip on the top, that was covered up by another layer of carpet.

that makes more sence now... thx for pointing that out.