06-03-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24947044

No more Hummers.........maybe. :rolleyes:

Inevitable.

coz
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24947044

No more Hummers.........maybe. :rolleyes:

In my eyes those are military vehicles and when I see a blonde big boobed bimbo driving one I think she should be wearing BDU's & combat boots :D I was never a fan of these :D

ShamrockIV
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
man i saw a tight one at the dock last weekend!!!!

it was white with 24's on it!!

babymama wants me to get one!!!

defender1009
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
good riddance. I'm not a tree hugger who's against SUV's or anything, but the H2 was just a dressed up Tahoe....always thought it was funny to see people driving them thinking they were Schwarzenegger.

ShamrockIV
06-03-2008, 10:56 AM
lol i still think for 20k less i would rather have a denali!!!

shepherd
06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
man i saw a tight one at the dock last weekend!!!!

it was white with 24's on it!!

babymama wants me to get one!!!

pimp!......

endl
06-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Guys I will admit I had one for about 2 years and they are very comfortable vehicles. I did miss the room they had and the big captain chairs. I think It was very underpowered for a 7000 lbs vehicle, and I dont miss the 10mpg.

I could see GM selling that off and it becoming a specialized vehicle again.

Maristar210
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
There is only one kind of hummer I ever wanted and I got one after I bought my wife a Yukon Denali

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
These people need a reality check.

so do the people with the rear cameras in their SUVs.

I have no sympathy for our world. Whatever we get as a planet we deserve it.

ncsone
06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I was listening to a local radio show this weekend. There was a guy ranting and raving about how much gas was costing him. He said that he had a daily commute of close to 100 miles and mentioned that he was only getting about 9 mpg in his SUV.

Finally, the radio host got him to finally mention that he was driving a H1 Alpha... No wonder his mpg sucked.

There are some people that the world just can not help.

Willski
06-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I kind of like them, but not for a daily driver.

thijs
06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Really the H2 and H3 are ridiculous too me. Up here in the bush the H2 is way too big to be effective. A tahoe would be a much better fit. Better fuel, same chassis, smaller, and less of a prosthesis for a small weiner if you ask me. If you want offroad-ability get a first or second generation Grand Cherokee if you want to wheel with you family and your dog. Much cheaper (including the lift and locking diffs). Plus it will fit between the trees. (I do have to say going to IFS was a mistake for the current Grand Cherokee.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlN5lsJkWc

TMCNo1
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
No more Hummers, my wife will be thrilled to death!:rolleyes::banana::uglyhamme

damaged442
06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I always thought military vehicle also. In most cases now, the farthest they go off roading is when the wife accidentally runs over the landscaping.

peason
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM

I have an '08 Nissan Armada with a rear camera - it came with the stereo up grade. It really comes in handy when you are trying to parallel park or get a close as you can when backing in. Cheer up UMP, warm weather will get here soon!

RexDog1
06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
From the name of this thread, I was thinking CP was going to get married :rolleyes:

dam #1 I just saw your post nice one

bigmac
06-03-2008, 01:56 PM
My wife's Murano has a rear-view camera. It's a clever and useful item. Not sure what UMP's problem is with them...they use very little gasoline.

Wish my Sierra had such a camera instead of that silly beeping and light flashing "rear parking assist".

endl
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM

I used to own a Hummer......

I was thinking about adding one of those cheap backup cameras for my truck so I dont have to get in and out 15 times.

Now I have ruined the planet.........:rolleyes:

thijs
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
From the name of this thread, I was thinking CP was going to get married

:worthy: Good one!

mrprostar
06-03-2008, 02:10 PM
My favorite bumper sticker: "Nice Hummer...sorry about your little weiner."

sand2snow22
06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
My favorite bumper sticket: "Nice Hummer...sorry about your little weiner."

We saw one on the the freeway the other day and my wife said the exact same thing!

bbymgr
06-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Just curious.......anyone here ,that was or is in the service, have a Hummer? I had to drive one when I was in and never had the desire to so again.

TX.X-30 fan
06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I believe the govt. should direct what auto everyone has based on need. Not a farmer or const. no truck, you can see how this would be more fair right.

On a similar topic what the he!! is the difference in a hummer and a high output giant boat motor that serves no purpose for humanity other that burning precious fuel and polluting the air and water.

Have to love some Americans, screw others with laws and regulations just don't gore my ox.

MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE!!!!!!

captain planet
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I believe the govt. should direct what auto everyone has based on need. Not a farmer or const. no truck, you can see how this would be more fair right.

Wow TX, way to make this thread political. :confused: Based on your beleifs, doesn't the MARKET decide???? I guess you can't handle that the market had decided that at $4.00 per gallon a Hummer that gets 9 mpg isn't going to survive. Lighten up, you're going to pop a gasket.

Gonzo
06-03-2008, 02:46 PM

Troller 8p;):D

captain planet
06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
From the name of this thread, I was thinking CP was going to get married :rolleyes:

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Good one Rex. I'm already married though. :rolleyes:

mrprostar
06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=TX.X-30 fan;499414]I believe the govt. should direct what auto everyone has based on need. Not a farmer or const. no truck, you can see how this would be more fair right.

Hmmm....? What do Stalin, Hitler, Saddam and potatoe with a weiner all have in common?

They are all dictators.

This quote reminds me of a one of these.

mccobmd
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
I spent 6 weeks in the mojave desert when I was active duty and If i never saw another HUMVEE no matter how plush it would be too soon.

thijs
06-03-2008, 03:43 PM

Actually sounds more leftist than right to me.

ShamrockIV
06-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Just curious.......anyone here ,that was or is in the service, have a Hummer? I had to drive one when I was in and never had the desire to so again.

yeah hummers suk!!!

u think the reg ones drive bad u should drive the uparmored ones!!! nice in 140 degree weather!!!! AC takes it down a whole 10 degrees!!!! yeah nothing like 130 with body armor on!! lol

TX.X-30 fan
06-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Actually sounds more leftist than right to me.

[QUOTE=TX.X-30 fan;499414]I believe the govt. should direct what auto everyone has based on need. Not a farmer or const. no truck, you can see how this would be more fair right.

Hmmm....? What do Stalin, Hitler, Saddam and potatoe with a weiner all have in common?

They are all dictators.

This quote reminds me of a one of these.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have two winners!!! :D

This is a long running plan by the far left to get us were we are today, ready to accept draconian cuts to our standard of living. No refineries, no drilling, absurd fuel additive regulations, no coordinated energy policy at all.

We are now seeing the beginning of what has been a long fight from the Kook leftists in our nation. We will see if the citizens are willing to fight or just lay down and take it.

Gonzo
06-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Wait a min? I didn't win? I thought I won the Grand Prize!:D

trickskier
06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
There is only one kind of hummer I ever wanted and I got one after I bought my wife a Yukon Denali

That was a very "EXPENSIVE" Hummer!!!.............................8p

RexDog1
06-03-2008, 05:21 PM
That was a very "EXPENSIVE" Hummer!!!.............................8p

You need to take a walk in my crocs.....:rolleyes:.............................. .8p

trickskier
06-03-2008, 05:23 PM
You need to take a walk in my crocs.....:rolleyes:.............................. .8p

I'm sure they wouldn't "FIT" me..........................;)

3event
06-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Sounds to me like the market is deciding the fate of the Hummer. The article I read does NOT say GM cans the line, rather that they are open to all options including sale of the brand. In other words, the brand is still worth something. How much something is the question.

If they do decide to sell, the brand could be acquired by another mfr and end up going even higher end than it is now (could likely never be mfg / sold for less, anyway).

EXCELLENT point above regarding boats. We all choose to burn more fossil fuel in our MC's for our recreation. For every person that thinks a Hummer is conspicuous consumption, you may be able to find another that says a 20' boat w/350hp is the same. The free market should determine what flies and what doesn't. I'll keep my MC, and all the horses in it, thank you.

stuartmcnair
06-03-2008, 05:36 PM

Dr. Pepper all over the keyboard on that one.....

Ric
06-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I went to a wind energy conference today. Does that make me gay? [quote=mrprostar;499423]

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have two winners!!! :D

This is a long running plan by the far left to get us were we are today, ready to accept draconian cuts to our standard of living. No refineries, no drilling, absurd fuel additive regulations, no coordinated energy policy at all.

We are now seeing the beginning of what has been a long fight from the Kook leftists in our nation. We will see if the citizens are willing to fight or just lay down and take it.

stuartmcnair
06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I went to a wind energy conference today. Does that make me gay? [quote=TX.X-30 fan;499445]

well, THAT doesn't......but

Jorski
06-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Honestly, you have to give up on this "left wing conspiracy" thing. The left does not control the amount of oil that comes out of the ground no more than they control the decline rate of the North Sea offshore oil fields, or oil production in Mexico, or Russia. Nor do they control oil consumption growth in India and China.

You will have "draconian cuts to our (your) standard of living" because for years under both Democrat and Republican governments your country and population have spent more than you made. I am sure you wouldn't think of Regan as part of a far left conspiracy, but he had a hand in this problem.

Decades of trade defecits, and fiscal defecits as well as plummeting personal savings rates are the evidence. The "far left conspiracy" that you speak of clearly had nothing to do with any of these problems.

I know, I know, cue the "commie" comments. Not a lefty at all; but you have to honestly look at the source of a problem should you wish to fix it.

TMCNo1
06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Sounds to me like the market is deciding the fate of the Hummer. The article I read does NOT say GM cans the line, rather that they are open to all options including sale of the brand. In other words, the brand is still worth something. How much something is the question.

If they do decide to sell, the brand could be acquired by another mfr and end up going even higher end than it is now (could likely never be mfg / sold for less, anyway).

EXCELLENT point above regarding boats. We all choose to burn more fossil fuel in our MC's for our recreation. For every person that thinks a Hummer is conspicuous consumption, you may be able to find another that says a 20' boat w/350hp is the same. The free market should determine what flies and what doesn't. I'll keep my MC, and all the horses in it, thank you.

Now, what would GM and it's dealers do with all those corporate designed, multi-million dollar Hummer dealerships that have been built in the last 4 years, turn them into 'Girls Gone Wild" video stores?:rolleyes:

trickskier
06-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Now, what would GM and it's dealers do with all those corporate designed, multi-million dollar Hummer dealerships that have been built in the last 4 years, turn them into 'Girls Gone Wild" video stores?:rolleyes:

Probably make a lot moe money..........................:D

RexDog1
06-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Probably make a lot moe money..........................:D

No Girls and Sex will not sell .:rolleyes: 8p8p

TX.X-30 fan
06-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Honestly, you have to give up on this "left wing conspiracy" thing. The left does not control the amount of oil that comes out of the ground no more than they control the decline rate of the North Sea offshore oil fields, or oil production in Mexico, or Russia. Nor do they control oil consumption growth in India and China.

You will have "draconian cuts to our (your) standard of living" because for years under both Democrat and Republican governments your country and population have spent more than you made. I am sure you wouldn't think of Regan as part of a far left conspiracy, but he had a hand in this problem.

Decades of trade defecits, and fiscal defecits as well as plummeting personal savings rates are the evidence. The "far left conspiracy" that you speak of clearly had nothing to do with any of these problems.

I know, I know, cue the "commie" comments. Not a lefty at all; but you have to honestly look at the source of a problem should you wish to fix it.

Please explain why 85% of know deposits are off limits to drilling?

Please explain why in a free market where refining capacity is below consumption an entrepreneur would not build a refinery?

Please explain why we have dozens of boutique fuel mixtures further handicapping refineries?

Please explain why we have known NG reserves to heat and cool our homes for the next 200 years (senate hearings testimony) and we are prohibited from tapping this source. And if we tapped this source would there not be an abundance of fuel for our cars and boats?

Please explain why the left blocks every measure put before them to create energy independence, well except non existent alternatives

Jorski
06-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Rather than arguing your stated "facts" about known deposits etc...Maybe, my question to you, is really a very simple one:

How did the "far left" have anything to do with influencing the free market, or for that matter the political will of the Country ? I mean, since 1974 -the last 34 years- there has been a Republican in the White House for 24 of those years.

So if you are angry with anyone, or are looking for someone to blame for the current situation, why aren't you angry with the right ? For the last eight years you have had the most oil friendly regime in office in history; if I follow what you are arguing, isn't Bush the problem?;)

captain planet
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Please explain why 85% of know deposits are off limits to drilling?

Please explain why in a free market where refining capacity is below consumption an entrepreneur would not build a refinery?

Please explain why we have dozens of boutique fuel mixtures further handicapping refineries?

Please explain why we have known NG reserves to heat and cool our homes for the next 200 years (senate hearings testimony) and we are prohibited from tapping this source. And if we tapped this source would there not be an abundance of fuel for our cars and boats?

Please explain why the left blocks every measure put before them to create energy independence, well except non existent alternatives

Rather than arguing your stated "facts" about known deposits etc...Maybe, my question to you, is really a very simple one:

How did the "far left" have anything to do with influencing the free market, or for that matter the political will of the Country ? I mean, since 1974 -the last 34 years- there has been a Republican in the White House for 24 of those years.

So if you are angry with anyone, or are looking for someone to blame for the current situation, why aren't you angry with the right ? For the last eight years you have had the most oil friendly regime in office in history; if I follow what you are arguing, isn't Bush the problem?;)

:popcorn::popcorn:

I've become an observer to my own thread.

TMCNo1
06-04-2008, 01:01 PM
My boat is a Republican, cause it always pulls to the right!

Jorski
06-04-2008, 01:43 PM
My boat is a Republican, cause it always pulls to the right!

Ha ha....and doesn't change much over time, doesn't move that fast, consumes a fair amount of oil, and...when I cant get a new PB it is because of the left (weakside turn, that is) !:D

captain planet
06-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey TX.X-30, is this your next vehicle???:D

Prostar Rich
06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
What's this guy to do if Hummer is no longer available?

Prostar Rich

TX.X-30 fan
06-04-2008, 02:31 PM

The far left influences everything through regulations, judges basically writing law through decisions, EPA ect.......

Of that time the republicans have had control of both sides house, and senate for 8 years. The house for a few more than the senate. Go even further back and the picture is even more clear what party has led us to where we are. Have the republicans dropped the ball when they were carrying it, absolutely. Both social and economic policy have by far been made by the left.

The President is just above a figurehead when it comes to policy, hell its so bitter in washington they refuse to fill vacant judicial positions.

Jorski
06-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah I get that. But do you really call the Democrats, the "far left"???

My own position is that physics and chemistry are not left or right, they just are.

TX.X-30 fan
06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah I get that. But do you really call the Democrats, the "far left"???

My own position is that physics and chemistry are not left or right, they just are.

No I would not make that blanket statement. The party is the place where these fringe groups reside and work for their agendas.

Science should be just as you state, I fear political pressures these days tend to blur the line more that ever before.

kevfischer
06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I can explain why someone would not want to develop and run a refinery. The Red tape and regulations are horrible. Also the cost would be so high it would be decades before you made a profit. Not to mention the EPA would always be on your ***.

Gonzo
06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Here is the latest on the S. Dakota Mega Refinery.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080603/NATION/806030351/1020

bbymgr
06-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Question............why does it seem like every thread becomes Jorski's personal Oil and or Government forum?????

Jorski
06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Question............why does it seem like every thread becomes Jorski's personal Oil and or Government forum?????

For the same reason that every thread becomes TX-X30's personal "the left is to blame for everything thread"

Frankly, I just respond political propaganda and scientifically incorrect information; and there is no shortage of either on these threads.

TX.X-30 fan
06-05-2008, 10:51 AM
For the same reason that every thread becomes TX-X30's personal "the left is to blame for everything thread"
Frankly, I just respond political propaganda and scientifically incorrect information; and there is no shortage of either on these threads.

Hey big difference, I'M NOT CANADIAN!! :D:D

Jorski
06-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey big difference, I'M NOT CANADIAN!!

Oh yeah...I forgot !!!!8p

TX.X-30 fan
06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah...I forgot !!!!8p

Can you type slower I'm from the south. :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
How will we all survive with out H1's with rear camera systems??

TMCNo1
06-05-2008, 02:57 PM
How will we all survive with out H1's with rear camera systems??

I would get tired of taking all that film to Wal-Mart to have it developed, takes a bunch of gas!:rolleyes::D