PDA

View Full Version : Dash is Dead???

03 35th Anniversary
06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Everything but the Perfect Pass, Depth Finder, Clock and Check Engine Light. IS DEAD!!!

Motor still cranks and runs.

All the switchs are dead also, heater, lights, blower, ect.

I have checked all the resets, in line fuses and all the wiring connections and they are all good. Grounds are all clean. I left the batteries disconnected over night.

Any tips???

SkiDog
06-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Everything but the Perfect Pass, Depth Finder, Clock and Check Engine Light. IS DEAD!!!

I have checked all the resets, in line fuses and all the wiring connections and they are all good. Grounds are all clean. I left the batteries disconnected over night.

Any tips???

BUMP! Help a brutha out here! Where is JimN when you need him?!:confused:

Monte
06-03-2008, 04:35 PM
There has got to be a loose wire somewhere..

corey
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
My guess is the MMDC Box. Could be a loose wire connection to the box but usually thats a pretty solid connection.

JerryS
06-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Not sure if the speedo input on the 03' to the MDC is a water line from pickup or not. If it is - I've read time and time again about water infiltrating the MDC from the speedo pickup - filling it with mud and nastiness - until it eventually dies.

Everything that is dead in your boat comes out of the MDC. I'd disconnect it, remove it - take cover off - and see if it's full of speedo induced sludge. Unless yours is past the point where speedo pickups were a thing of the past.

corey
06-03-2008, 05:08 PM
An 03' should not have speedo pickups but that was a common problem with boats that had them. Sometimes water would get in them and freeze over the winter as well, at least in MN.

I'm still betting on the MMDC, its easy to replace yourself but you need to find one before the weekend! You could also try to remove the wire connection from the box and replugging it back in, it's a long shot but it might work.

JerryS
06-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Just thinkin more about it - the switches not workin - thats not consistent with an MDC issue. Strange.

03 35th Anniversary
06-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for all the tips.

A call to Texas MasterCraft helped me to find the problem.

The problem turned out to be the battery selector switch. Bypassed it, now everything has comeback to life.

Chief
06-03-2008, 07:45 PM

Any tips???

Check your lanyard switch, I was installing a new impeller and pulled the lanyard to turn the engine a couple of times and noticed that the gauges didn't work. I see you said your engine runs, but maybe something from that switch to gauges is not getting the voltage.

Wouldn't wiring diagrams be nice?

TX.X-30 fan
06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the tips.

A call to Texas MasterCraft helped me to find the problem.

The problem turned out to be the battery selector switch. Bypassed it, now everything has comeback to life.

I see, this is what you saw??

35923 35924 35924

03 35th Anniversary
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
I see, this is what you saw??

35923 35924 35924

Nope, but I was waiting for that.

But it turns out that it doesn't work in the #1 position.

But the engine will still crank off the #2 battery I guess.

BriEOD
06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Glad you got it figured out.

pram
06-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Get those stereo components rewired yet to fix your problem

TX.X-30 fan
06-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Nope, but I was waiting for that.

But it turns out that it doesn't work in the #1 position.

But the engine will still crank off the #2 battery I guess.

Cool, easy cheap fix.