PDA

View Full Version : The Better Half learns to surf!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Ok, so for the past 9 years the Knox crew has had a boat. Knox always pushing to get me out there! I insisted that I was a better driver than a skier or boarder. Our dream of owning a MC finally came true 2 years ago. Knox and 2 of the kids board....the youngest just toobs...for now. So last summer was going to be the summer that I learned to wakeboard...ooooppps I found out I was pregnant and was out of sports for '07. Now, Knox is determined to get me up on a wakeboard or surf board! So this weekend while hanging with the hillbillies.....I got in the water! I reminded everyone that I have serious issues as I do believe there is an anchor in my @$$ that prevents me from actually standing on a floating device. I am determined this time...however....that I shall conquer this! So with cheers and atta girls being shouted from the boat by my hubby and kids....I get pulled right up.........over the board and do a face plant!! I am now determined that I can and I will do this!! I position myself and here we go again.......this time I am actually up on the board and riding....now it goes through my head.....WTH do I do now??? How do I stop this ride when I am done???? And then it hits me....the water that is....I figured out how to stop the ride!! A face plant usually works well....I would sugest a different stoping technique though:rolleyes:
Now, I am going to post a couple of pics....realizing that I am so not in shape to post these as I had a baby and have yet to lose the weight! But you see, I am so darn proud of myself....I really dont care. For years I never thought I could get up on that board and now I know I can. My kids and my hubby think I am cool...the best feeling in the world!:cool: Now, when this weathere clears, I will get Knox to take me back to the lake so that I can get up on that wakeboard that haunts me!!;)
Ahhh, forgot to mention that I also learned the fine art of backing that trailer down the ramp...perfect...one shot and picked up my beautiful boat and hauled her up the hill!!! ALL BY MYSELF!!! Great weekend all the way around!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 09:34 AM
I can do it....Now when do we go again????:D:D

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Here are some pics of Knox

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
looks good!!!! looks like we have created another monster!!!!

sounds like you had a good coach!!!!! especially for the trailering part:cool:

congrats girl!!!!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
looks good!!!! looks like we have created another monster!!!!

sounds like you had a good coach!!!!! especially for the trailering part:cool:

congrats girl!!!!!

Yeah, I picked this hillbilly up on the side of the road and he gave me a few good suggestions;) Thank you!!

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I picked this hillbilly up on the side of the road and he gave me a few good suggestions;) Thank you!!

no prob girl!!!! i knew u could do it!!!!!!

did the hillbilly get to surf too???

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I dont have any pics of your babys momma, due to the flood of rain that we encountered!! I will have to get some of her!

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
dang what about of my feeble attempts????

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Here are a few pics of the Hillbilles prez.....

sham'sbabymama
06-02-2008, 10:13 AM
nice pics of everyone!!!!!

KnoxX2
06-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Great job!!!! We are so proud of you and now that we got you up and surfing we will take on wakeboarding next!!!:D

We will take some time this week to get to the lake.:D I konw you were bummed that we could not go yesterday........;)

Love ya!!!:cool:

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 10:17 AM
nice pics of everyone!!!!!

Did you guys get any on your camera last weekend of you?? I did not get any this weekend.:( But you can bet that I will get some the next time....if there is not like some kind of freakish storm that drops hail the size of Lima beans on us!:rolleyes:

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Great job!!!! We are so proud of you and now that we got you up and surfing we will take on wakeboarding next!!!:D

We will take some time this week to get to the lake. I konw you were bummed that we could not go yesterday........;)

Love ya!!!:cool:

Thank you honey!! I will be checkin the forecast and makin sure we gots plenty of gas.....Momma is ready to surf!!!:cool:

KnoxX2
06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Sounds good!!!

sham'sbabymama
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
i wasnt being sarcastic about the "nice pics" post ;)....yeah, sham got some pics of me surfing and boarding last weekend...unfortunately i can't post any cause i still havent got the cord to download pics off cam!!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
It was cool gettin to watch you surf! Even if you gotta be on the wrong side of the boat;) Some more practice and I might be able to do more than just stand there and prepare to fall:rolleyes::D

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
there is a thread with pics of u surfing my dear.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23725&highlight=pics

VOLFAN
06-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Good pics!

RexDog1
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Looks like you guys had a good time!!!!!!:D
Now it is time to get out on the wakeboard !!!!!!!!!;) LOL LOL……….. Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
nice avatar there volfan!!!!

too bad the sexy guy surfin in it is not u!!!

oh yeah i missed it, who won the race yesterday????

VOLFAN
06-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I like the avtar too.... I laugh everytime I see it! Better get that hat back on before that onion gets burnt!... Oh and in the other pic are those sleds 8's or 9's???

Monte
06-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Congrats on the new skills Michelle..

VOLFAN
06-02-2008, 11:21 AM
This the pic I was talking about... Man I can not believe they made you wear some boots that small!!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Congrats on the new skills Michelle..

Thanx Monte!! I had a blast!! Now for Knox to get my board ready for me to ride!!! I am so ready......prepared thta the ship is gonna take on water due to face plants, but ready to learn to wakeboard!!!:cool:

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:25 AM
how did this thread go to bashing my little feet!!!!

dude u really want to go there ?

oh well back to why we are here!! good job michelle!!!!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I must say that I too made fun of the el presidente, but he fell with such grace and style!!!8p He never lost his hat or his shades!!:cool::cool:

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanx Monte!! I had a blast!! Now for Knox to get my board ready for me to ride!!! I am so ready......prepared thta the ship is gonna take on water due to face plants, but ready to learn to wakeboard!!!:cool:

just learn to hold ur nose eveytime u fall like babymama!!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys!! Now.....I need to teach Knox to cook and clean and do laundry and iron and sew.:rolleyes:.....I got to get out and surf!!:cool::cool:

KnoxX2
06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
El presidente has gotten this surfin thing down. He will be working on spins next!!!!

TMCNo1
06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Duuuuuuuuuuude, time to buy a pair of board shorts, those cut off pajamas just aren't becoming to wake surfer of your calibre!

VOLFAN
06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Sham's fall is geaceful yes, but sexy no!

Not bashing the feet Sham just saying I feel sorry they made you wear such small boots while you was serving our country!

Congrats Michelle on surfing!!! wakeboard will be next!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
just learn to hold ur nose eveytime u fall like babymama!!!

I dont have skill like that!!:cool: I see the water and just prepare to dive like a U2 sub!!!:D:cool:

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I must say that I too made fun of the el presidente, but he fell with such grace and style!!!8p He never lost his hat or his shades!!:cool::cool:

see VOLFAN!!!!

don't hate the player hate the game son!!!!

don't hate, appreciate!!!!!

U should have known i got hella game,. how else did i get babymama??

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Duuuuuuuuuuude, time to buy a pair of board shorts, those cut off pajamas just aren't becoming to wake surfer of your calibre!

Thats funny!!! I dont care who ya are!!! Thats funny stuff!!:D:D

KnoxX2
06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
see VOLFAN!!!!

Quick Man the life boats!!!! :rolleyes:

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:34 AM
see VOLFAN!!!!

darn tequila;):D

VOLFAN
06-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Those look better than the cut off blue jean shorts us hillbillies usually wear!

peason
This great to see! This is why we have a boat - for the whole family to enjoy! Congrats on the new addiction!

ShamrockIV
I like the avtar too.... I laugh everytime I see it! Better get that hat back on before that onion gets burnt!... Oh and in the other pic are those sleds 8's or 9's???

hat h@ll look at my shoulders!!!!

trickskier
Way to GO!!! Looking GOOD...................:D

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:37 AM

come on no#1 u really want me to break out the short shorts like u used to wear in the day!!!!

the catch me F me shorts?? lol

i guess i could surf in a speedo??

coz
06-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Girls got style :D

KnoxX2
06-02-2008, 11:38 AM
This great to see! This is why we have a boat - for the whole family to enjoy! Congrats on the new addiction!

Thanks Peason. We are very proud of her.:D

KnoxX2
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
i guess i could surf in a speedo??

Not behind my boat..............:noface:

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Sham's fall is geaceful yes, but sexy no!

Not bashing the feet Sham just saying I feel sorry they made you wear such small boots while you was serving our country!
Congrats Michelle on surfing!!! wakeboard will be next!

no biggie!!! who needs toenails anyway????

SkiDog
06-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks Peason. We are very proud of her.:D

Why the hell didn't she do that @ CSM?!?!?!?!?!:confused::(

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:40 AM

yeah yeah !!!!!! i am sure u got one i could borrow!!

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:41 AM

she needed a good coach dog. ;)

and less beer!!!!

KnoxX2
06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
yeah yeah !!!!!! i am sure u got one i could borrow!!

LOL
I think you need to talk to UMP for that.:rolleyes::D

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Way to GO!!! Looking GOOD...................:D

Thank you!! Im a learnin'!! Now if I could get some skill I could be really cool!!:D My greatest skill to date....standing up!!:cool:

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Iw as too busy enjoying no kids and consuming my weight in beer!!!!:rolleyes::cool:

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Thank you!! Im a learnin'!! Now if I could get some skill I could be really cool!!:D My greatest skill to date....standing up!!:cool:

i thought keeping from hurtin knox or kids was ur greatest acomplishment!!!!

RexDog1
06-02-2008, 11:48 AM

Take your time, have fun!!!!

You will be doing W2W in no time!!!!!

Keep it up girl 8p :D

sham'sbabymama
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM

hat h@ll look at my shoulders!!!!

OMG,sham was so sunburned I had to aloe him up!!!! His back and shoulders are REALLY red!!!!
It's ok though babe...I dont mind ;)

Willski
06-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Lookin good!! I finally got out this weekend for the first time and got sunburned and really sore shoulder muscles!! I forget every year how sore I get the first time out!

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Lookin good!! I finally got out this weekend for the first time and got sunburned and really sore shoulder muscles!! I forget every year how sore I get the first time out!

Thanks...I know all about sore muscles!! I carry the baby Knox around and that is nothin'! But after my fun on the surfboard and the adrenaline had died down.....I was lookin for some asprin!! My arms hurt so bad it hurts to lift the laundry out of the dryer. Ahhh, another great reason for Knox to learn to do some chores!! This way I can keep my strength for surfin':cool:8p:D

Knox's_Better_half
06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Take your time, have fun!!!!

You will be doing W2W in no time!!!!!

Keep it up girl 8p :D

Thanks Rex, I am lookin forward to gettin on that board and being as cool as my kid!! He got a helmet from Sham this weekend and he was like a completely different kid out there!! He was jumpin the wake and all kinds of cool stunts. He swears that he can teach me!!:cool::D

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 01:52 PM
OMG,sham was so sunburned I had to aloe him up!!!! His back and shoulders are REALLY red!!!!
It's ok though babe...I dont mind ;)

yeah me either!!!!!

she just hopes that i peel!!!

ShamrockIV
06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks...I know all about sore muscles!! I carry the baby Knox around and that is nothin'! But after my fun on the surfboard and the adrenaline had died down.....I was lookin for some asprin!! My arms hurt so bad it hurts to lift the laundry out of the dryer. Ahhh, another great reason for Knox to learn to do some chores!! This way I can keep my strength for surfin':cool:8p:D

or for u to lessen ur drag coefficient. :D