PDA

View Full Version : Wakeskate help?

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
i am sure u guys can help me out. i want to try and wakeskate but i have no idea how to start or speed of boat or anything. any help will be appreciated!!!

coz
05-29-2008, 08:24 AM
i am sure u guys can help me out. i want to try and wakeskate but i have no idea how to start or speed of boat or anything. any help will be appreciated!!!

Patience and this :D

http://www.rdcshop.com/_cspimg/volume2.gif

uawaterskier
05-29-2008, 08:24 AM
shammy,

I always started like a wakeboard and used one hand to hold the wakeskate while the boat was put into gear. After that, pressure will keep it on your feet and you start just like a normal wakeboard. I dont remember boat speed much but I'm thinking it was around 18 or 20. Its been a while since I wakeskated since mine sank (yes my cassette skate SANK) in the bottom of lake guntersville.

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 08:27 AM
shammy,

I always started like a wakeboard and used one hand to hold the wakeskate while the boat was put into gear. After that, pressure will keep it on your feet and you start just like a normal wakeboard. I dont remember boat speed much but I'm thinking it was around 18 or 20. Its been a while since I wakeskated since mine sank (yes my cassette skate SANK) in the bottom of lake guntersville.

oops!!

i did not know if i could get up on it like i do a surfboard?? heel pressure then pop up on it?

Knox's_Better_half
05-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Seriously, now you want to wakeskate??????

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Seriously, now you want to wakeskate??????

YEP!! i don't want to i am going to!!!!

Don't worry this will not cost u any money!!!!!!! :D

Knox's_Better_half
05-29-2008, 09:02 AM
YEP!! i don't want to i am going to!!!!

Don't worry this will not cost u any money!!!!!!! :D

Ok, I have so heard this one before!!!!:rolleyes: It goes a little something like this...." But honey..so and so got one and I got out there and tried it and it is so much fun! And think of Austin, he would really dig it...not to mention we are having more quality time in our boat. It wont cost any .....well, it wont cost much...I promise!" Are you kidding....
Good Luck with te wakeskating thing....some will do anything to hang on to their youth!!8p:D

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Ok, I have so heard this one before!!!!:rolleyes: some will do anything to hang on to their youth!!8p:D

lol we shall see!!!

seriously!! anyone that can be helpfull please get with me!!
if i wanted some lip i would listen to babysmama!!

DemolitionMan
05-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Put the boat in gear and the pressure will hold the board on your feet. You can go as slow as 13 or 14 and still stay up. I learned that slow sppeds are the best way to learn. 18 is a good cruising speed. I have have some pics under my photos of me wake skating.

sham'sbabymama
05-29-2008, 09:08 AM
if i wanted some lip i would listen to babysmama!!

No lip here...yet!!! ;)

coz
05-29-2008, 09:10 AM
some will do anything to hang on to their youth!!

I'm with this quote :D y'all can sit around getting old :confused: I'm hanging with my kids and there friends and having a better time now than in my youth :D They're my fountain of youth :D

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 09:11 AM
No lip here...yet!!! ;)

that is the key word!!!!!

she says that but she will want to try!!!!

sham'sbabymama
05-29-2008, 09:14 AM
she says that but she will want to try!!!!

your right!!!! I probably will try...you know me too well :D

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm with this quote :D y'all can sit around getting old :confused: I'm hanging with my kids and there friends and having a better time now than in my youth :D They're my fountain of youth :D

i agree man. i fell better and i am having alot more fun now as i get older(not knox's better half old) and i am boarding, surfing, and now maybe wakeskating!!!!!

sham'sbabymama
05-29-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree too....I am having more fun at the lake then I ever did before...not that it wasn't fun...but there is only so much I can take of pulling the kiddies around on a tube :rolleyes: now we have so much to do, and I love trying all these new things!!!!

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree too....I am having more fun at the lake then I ever did before...not that it wasn't fun...but there is only so much I can take of pulling the kiddies around on a tube :rolleyes: now we have so much to do, and I love trying all these new things!!!!

i knew i liked her for some reason!!!!!!

yeah pulling kids on tube and riding in boat only gets u so far. all these kick butt water sports sure are fun!!!

new things????? humm.......;)

sham'sbabymama
05-29-2008, 09:24 AM
new things????? humm.......;)

yeah yeah;)...you so craaaazy!!!!!!

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 09:38 AM
yeah yeah;)...you so craaaazy!!!!!!

u forgot to mention sexy!!!!

sham'sbabymama
05-29-2008, 10:12 AM
that too!!!!

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 10:13 AM
lol i knew i liked her!!!!!!!!

she likes to stroke my..........ego yeah that's the ticket!!!

sham'sbabymama
05-29-2008, 10:14 AM
LIKED!!!! thats all :(

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 10:16 AM
LIKED!!!! thats all :(

seriously???????????????

lol u know i love u!!! ;)

sham'sbabymama
05-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I know!!!!

TX.X-30 fan
05-29-2008, 10:17 AM

I don't believe they make any that will float your girth. :D

Knox's_Better_half
05-29-2008, 10:28 AM

Ahhh, it seems someone else knows you pretty well!!!!8p:D

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 10:36 AM

girth????

u seen me in the shower????

lol

ShamrockIV
05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Ahhh, it seems someone else knows you pretty well!!!!8p:D

oh u want to go there huh??

i will swing home depot on the way home and check on the doors!!!

Knox's_Better_half
05-29-2008, 10:39 AM
oh u want to go there huh??

i will swing home depot on the way home and check on the doors!!!

Thats cool, I think that I am gonna need a double door....as I am at the top end of the single door8p:D

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 10:26 AM
what about a garage door?????????????

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 10:35 AM
what about a garage door?????????????
idunno...it might sink

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 10:36 AM
idunno...it might sink

ouch!!!!! dang better half!!! college boy is all over u!!! lol

watch ouch bro she is one of those obnoxious gator fans!!!!!

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 11:07 AM
ouch!!!!! dang better half!!! college boy is all over u!!! lol

watch ouch bro she is one of those obnoxious gator fans!!!!!
eeeekkkkkkkk gators fan...ill have her screaming ROLL TIDE in no time

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 11:10 AM

man if she is screaming it will be r rated i assure u!!!!:cool:

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
dirty...nothing I haven't heard before

Knox's_Better_half
05-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I was talking garage door....double! :cool: I would like it for the stability please. If you wouldnt mind, I would like it in Orange and Blue!I would also like some of those pretty neat fin thingys that you put on the bottom:confused:....i dunno, I think they just look so darn neat!!:D

Knox's_Better_half
05-30-2008, 11:56 AM

Listen here little bama boy...... those words will never cross these lips in a thousand lifetimes!!:cool: Now, dont you have an underwater basket weaving class to get to or something??8p:D

'02xrider
05-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey Sham, I'm with you on the wakeskate. I'm 41 and love it. No one expects you to be able to do anything on it, so when you do, everyone loves it! Lot's of falls...remember tuck and roll! I started 3 years ago on a plain ol wood deck and am now riding the Byerly. To get up, i rest my heels on it just like getting up on a surfboard except maybe stay squatted a second longer as you start to plane off. I run anywhere from 21-24. Doing wake to wakes, one wake 180's, ollies, surface 3's, lipslides...having a lot of fun!

bcampbe7
05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
My only recommendation is wear shoes of some sort.

I busted the outer 3 toes on my right foot while wakeskating. Caught the edge of the board with my toes in a fall! Shoes, man...SHOES!

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:19 PM
she's playing hard to get...or maybe knox is nearby. Either way, she'll come around

KnoxX2
05-30-2008, 01:26 PM
she's playing hard to get...or maybe knox is nearby. Either way, she'll come around

Careful there buddy...........................:rolleyes:
Just remember that you are no match for my wife. She will have you crying in the corner. 8p:cool:
BTW It don't matter if I am around or not. She can handle herself.:cool:

With a coment like that it makes me wonder if collage life is going down hill.

dapicatti
05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Sham, I'm with you on the wakeskate. I'm 41 and love it. No one expects you to be able to do anything on it, so when you do, everyone loves it! Lot's of falls...remember tuck and roll! I started 3 years ago on a plain ol wood deck and am now riding the Byerly. To get up, i rest my heels on it just like getting up on a surfboard except maybe stay squatted a second longer as you start to plane off. I run anywhere from 21-24. Doing wake to wakes, one wake 180's, ollies, surface 3's, lipslides...having a lot of fun!

That's great. Any skate boarding shoe works well......I haven't spent enough time on mine (now I have 2) to do anything like what you are. Glad to see someone else out there in our age group rippin it up.:cool:

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 01:30 PM

lol that may be the first time she has ever been called hard to get!!! lol

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Careful there buddy...........................:rolleyes:
Just remember that you are no match for my wife. She will have you crying in the corner. 8p:cool:

im just playin around...i think my better half wouldn't allow it anyway.

Oh ps college life rocks

uawaterskier
lol that may be the first time she has ever been called hard to get!!! lol
are you calling her easy? thats not very nice sham

ShamrockIV
Careful there buddy...........................

dang bro u drinking this early or just can't spell??? :D

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
are you calling her easy? thats not very nice sham

who me??????

never????

come on now i am Mr. politcal correctness!!!!! :D

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:33 PM
who me??????

never????

oh thats right I forgot

Knox's_Better_half
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Careful there buddy...........................

With a coment like that it makes me wonder if college life is going down hill.

Ahh, honey, sometimes you say the sweetest things!! I love you too!:love:

Cary K.
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Not quite to the 40 mark yet (36), but I am a wakeskater. I didn't read through all of the responses, but if you have any other questions, post away.

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
back to me and this wakeskating stuff!!
sounds like i may be in for sime bad falls in the future!!

helmet?? anything else??

Knox's_Better_half
05-30-2008, 01:37 PM
who me??????

never????

Wow, with this kinda fertilizer,,,,,,,,I can grow an amazing garden and feed a country!!!:rolleyes::D

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow, with this kinda fertilizer,,,,,,,,I can grow an amazing garden and feed a country!!!:rolleyes::D

i am sure there is a pot and a kettle saying here but i will be nice. I am not a pot stiring kinda guy u know!!

better half do u know any first aid skills sounds like this skating can be a little dangerous!!! can knox go first????

Knox's_Better_half
05-30-2008, 01:42 PM
He said that with the surfing and the boarding he is pretty well content!! I do not think that he will bother with the wake skate.....so you are on your own.....However we will be able to take you to the ER if you get hurt;):D

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
back to me and this wakeskating stuff!!
sounds like i may be in for sime bad falls in the future!!

helmet?? anything else??
helmet???? NAW

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
He said that with the surfing and the boarding he is pretty well content!! I do not think that he will bother with the wake skate.....so you are on your own.....However we will be able to take you to the ER if you get hurt;):D

we'll see!!!

i am glad i found a couple of season people on here that skate!! makes me feel not like the old guy at the club!!!

i went into shop yesterday and i was looking at shoes. these kids were sitting there and i was in my uniform. they saw i was looking at the skate shoes and said "dude u skate??". i said "no i wakeboard and wake skate." they were amazed and thought that was the coolest thing ever!!!

man i am gonna be the cool old guy that can do everything!!!!! lol

except mess with snakes!!!!!

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
killed one of those yesterday. My boss called me on the phone and told me to get my @$$ up here and kill this snake

dapicatti
05-30-2008, 01:52 PM
I ride with a helmet......get skateboarding type shoes for grip- and be prepared to fall alot.

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
I ride with a helmet......get skateboarding type shoes for grip- and be prepared to fall alot.
safety first!

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:54 PM
safety first!
oooooooooooooooooooo new thread on the way!

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 01:54 PM

thanks i prob will start!!!!!

dapicatti
05-30-2008, 01:55 PM
i am glad i found a couple of season people on here that skate!! makes me feel not like the old guy at the club!!!

i went into shop yesterday and i was looking at shoes. these kids were sitting there and i was in my uniform. they saw i was looking at the skate shoes and said "dude u skate??". i said "no i wakeboard and wake skate." they were amazed and thought that was the coolest thing ever!!!!!

Went into a boardshop to buy some boardshorts....they asked me if they were for my son....LOL! No kids here-- so I said- no for my brother--they asked me how old- 47--they just stared at me like I was from outerspace....Too Funny. Age is just a number people hide behind when they don't want to do something. Get out there and ride.

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Went into a boardshop to buy some boardshorts....they asked me if they were for my son....LOL! No kids here-- so I said- no for my brother--they asked me how old- 47--they just stared at me like I was from outerspace....Too Funny. Age is just a number people hide behind when they don't want to do something. Get out there and ride.
my father is 46 years old....he can still out slalom me. Makes me mad

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 02:02 PM

amen i got a cool pair of shorts there yesterday!! i love a good clearance sale!!!

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
you should get you some houndstooth boardshorts like we got.

http://www.boardshortsworld.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=10783

ShamrockIV
05-30-2008, 02:40 PM
send me a pair and i will wear them with pride son!!!!

shoot i might even wear a pair of gator ones if tricky sent me some!!!

uawaterskier
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
i cant afford to buy us both a pair

'02xrider
05-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I would definitely recommend the helmet. Can't count the number of times I have come to the surface to see the skate comin' for me! As far as shoes go, there really only needed with the grip top skates. Keep in mind, the grip can be nasty on the leg skin and the upholstery.