PDA

View Full Version : Tuneable Rudder for '97

BrianM
05-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Anyone know if a new style tunable rudder will work on a '97 Prostar 190? Or if there is any tunable rudder that is available for the boat? I have my original rudder pretty dialed in but I would like to experiment with even more additional pull but don't really want to keep grinding.

ncsone
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
PM sent your way.

BrianM
05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
PM sent your way.

Really?? I got nothing.

ncsone
05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Take a look now. User error on my part the first time around.

EJ OJPROP
05-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Brian - We make the new Tournament Team Rudders. The rudders are cast with the angle on the trailing edge. Let me know if you'd like to try one. Eric

east tx skier
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
I didn't know MC ever put a tunable, i.e., trim tabbed, rudder on its boats. Like Eric mentioned, I thought, for the 197, it was either loaded or not.

BrianM
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
I didn't know MC ever put a tunable, i.e., trim tabbed, rudder on its boats. Like Eric mentioned, I thought, for the 197, it was either loaded or not.

After PMing Eric I found out that you are correct. It is called a tunable but does not have a trim tab adjustment on it like a couple of other brands have. The tunable MC rudder is just pre-beveled for additional load and for ease of additional filing if wanted.

Guess I am just going to have to get the file out again. :D

east tx skier
05-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm about to go grinder on mine. I was the last year before std. tunable rudders. My P.O. filed it neutral and I want to make it go right, which with rh rotation, is no small feat.

BrianM
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm about to go grinder on mine. I was the last year before std. tunable rudders. My P.O. filed it neutral and I want to make it go right, which with rh rotation, is no small feat.

Why not file it to go left since that is the natural tendency of your boat? I still say you should just drop the benjamins on the updated rudder.