PDA

View Full Version : Miter saw question

captain planet
05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I have a 12" RIDGID compound miter saw I bought in 2003. The clutch started to fail last week when I was using it. Anyone else had this happen? I am trying to find out if I can replace the part myself, or take it somewhere.

Evan Jones
05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Home Depot owns Rigid. I don't think any tool repair places will look at them. You could see if HD will order a part for you, or maybe just tell them you want a new one and they'll warranty it ?

wakeX2wake
05-27-2008, 10:50 AM
we've always owned DeWalt... unfortunately we've never had much luck changing anything but the blades on them... we've also never been able to keep a saw for more than 4-5 years... not much maintenance on a DeWalt in that length of time...

frustrating... ours have been stole from either our house or from someone we've let borrow it... VERY frustrating... but as long as it keeps happening we keep getting new tools

captain planet
05-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Home Depot owns Rigid. I don't think any tool repair places will look at them. You could see if HD will order a part for you, or maybe just tell them you want a new one and they'll warranty it ?

Great. That explains why it has failed after only passive use. :mad:

Roonie's
05-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Don't know about Rigid (have their shop vac) but I have had luck repairing Dewalt miter saws. I have always taken mine to a dewalt service repair shop and they usually have quick turnaround time. All my tools go there and they also have great deals on refurbished tools too.

captain planet
05-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Alright, feeling like a "tool" right now. No clutch on my saw, brushes may be bad?? At least that was what I was told by my local service center. It's always something....:rolleyes: