PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Back Seat 89 Tristar Please

mopac01
05-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I just purchased an 89 TriStar 190 in nearly perfect condition with only 360 hours. The only real problem is the back seat. The upholstery is ripped (probably from being stepped on in the cold midwestern mornings) and I've taken it to have it replaced. All the rest of the upholstery is original and in very good shape.

The upholsterer can't tell if there is supposed to be a lip on the bottom front of the seat horizontally where there is a board going across. It looks like there should be on the ends where the piping is going around the base support board, but there is no indication of a horizontal seam. It looks like the back seat was worked on at some point and possibly that front piece of fabric was removed.

Does anybody have an original 89 TriStar seat they could post a picture of that I could show to the guy doing the upholstery?

SkiDog
05-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I just purchased an 89 TriStar 190 in nearly perfect condition with only 360 hours. The only real problem is the back seat. The upholstery is ripped (probably from being stepped on in the cold midwestern mornings) and I've taken it to have it replaced. All the rest of the upholstery is original and in very good shape.

The upholsterer can't tell if there is supposed to be a lip on the bottom front of the seat horizontally where there is a board going across. It looks like there should be on the ends where the piping is going around the base support board, but there is no indication of a horizontal seam. It looks like the back seat was worked on at some point and possibly that front piece of fabric was removed.

Does anybody have an original 89 TriStar seat they could post a picture of that I could show to the guy doing the upholstery?

This is not original, but its close, I think.

wsrobert
05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Sweet looking?

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you? I'm hoping to redo my upholstery this winter.

SkiDog
05-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Sweet looking?

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you? I'm hoping to redo my upholstery this winter.

Thats not my boat, But I can probably find out for ya.