PDA

View Full Version : boat won't start

87MCProstar
05-25-2008, 06:16 PM
hey guys, wired the boat the other day and doesn't seem like there is juice getting to the starter...not even a clicking sound...there are a couple of wires from the dashboard that aren't hooked up either, does that have something to do with it? i'm gonna have to spend the holiday trying to find my issue, if there is anyone out there that could give me a starting point that would be great.

Gamble
05-25-2008, 07:36 PM
do you have power to the key? if you have the little rectangle resister near the solenoid on back of motor, there should be a brown wire that has power when in crank mode. If u have power at the key, have someone try to crank it while you check for 12v at the resistor. If u have 12v there, go to solenoid and check there.

Hunterb
05-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Well, yes the couple of wires hanging out of the dash could have something to do with it. Is there power to the key? Is the kill switch wired properly? Is the neutral start switch connected?

You can find all the help you need here, but you'll have to provide a little more info I think.

Bruce

87MCProstar
05-26-2008, 09:26 AM
The resistor was on the front of the motor next to the ignition coil. but i'm heading out now to find out where i do and don't have 12v. then i'll be able to explain things a little better.