PDA

View Full Version : Thanks TMCNo1

QBhater
05-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Just Finished my swin step!! A day or so late but it is completed.

Followed your advise but not to the level of 2000 grit sand paper stopped with 400. (sorry) Looks great!!

TMCNo1
05-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Another graduate with Honors from UFTPR, (Oilers) University of Fine Teak Platform Refinishing!

ggroller
05-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I hate to rain on your parade, guys.

I finished my teak during the winter of '07 using TMC's method.

After the Summer of '07 had come to a close, I had a real mess on my hands. Not to mention the fact that the finish makes the platform slippery. Especially when you add binding soap to the mix

That finish is no match for slalom skis. There were areas where the finish had wore off and were dirty and there areas where dirt and water had found their way under the finish. The only solution was to sand off all the old finish and get down to bare teak. Now I'm rolling old school with your basic teak oil.

TMCNo1
05-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I hate to rain on your parade, guys.

I finished my teak during the winter of '07 using TMC's method.

After the Summer of '07 had come to a close, I had a real mess on my hands. Not to mention the fact that the finish makes the platform slippery. Especially when you add binding soap to the mix

That finish is no match for slalom skis. There were areas where the finish had wore off and were dirty and there areas where dirt and water had found their way under the finish. The only solution was to sand off all the old finish and get down to bare teak. Now I'm rolling old school with your basic teak oil.

I've also used the saying, "You don't have to abuse it, to use it"!
You don't need teak, you need steel diamond tread!