PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Seat PLEASE

akps190
05-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Have a 98 PS 190. I took the bottom seat cushion (drivers seat) in to have it repaired. I picked it up and put it back in the boat, and now it doesnt fit right. I'm not sure what they did to it, but it doesnt friction fit back into the driver seat base. I think its missing a part on the bottom of the seat. I think there was some type of clip, or angle, or something towards the back that held the seat in place. There a couple of screw holes, but nothing there now.

Can somebody PLEASE take a picture of the bottom of their seat, similar model, and post on a reply so I can try and figure out what they did wrong when they put the seat back together.

Thank you.

coz
05-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Have a 98 PS 190. I took the bottom seat cushion (drivers seat) in to have it repaired. I picked it up and put it back in the boat, and now it doesnt fit right. I'm not sure what they did to it, but it doesnt friction fit back into the driver seat base. I think its missing a part on the bottom of the seat. I think there was some type of clip, or angle, or something towards the back that held the seat in place. There a couple of screw holes, but nothing there now.

Can somebody PLEASE take a picture of the bottom of their seat, similar model, and post on a reply so I can try and figure out what they did wrong when they put the seat back together.

Thank you.

Your missing the rubber stop, should be the same as the ones for the bow seats if you have them.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2125/2519150340_afd277a617_b.jpg

JLeuck64
05-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Here's a pic I just took of my 98 PS190.

akps190
05-24-2008, 03:59 PM
OK, now I am really confused.

My seat looks exactly like the first photo with the rubber stop (next to the key). That seat does not have the angle clip like the second picture. However, I dont recall a clip like that on my seat either??? There are two holes where something used to be, but I dont remember an angle that big...

When I put the seat bottom in place, it is loose, nothing holding it in place. I dont recall that before. As I recall, if fit pretty snug. I pulled the seat bottom out last fall meaning to have it repaired all winter, now I cant remember squat.

Anybody got any thoughts???

Thanks.

coz
05-24-2008, 05:24 PM

My seat looks exactly like the first photo with the rubber stop (next to the key). That seat does not have the angle clip like the second picture. However, I dont recall a clip like that on my seat either??? There are two holes where something used to be, but I dont remember an angle that big...

When I put the seat bottom in place, it is loose, nothing holding it in place. I dont recall that before. As I recall, if fit pretty snug. I pulled the seat bottom out last fall meaning to have it repaired all winter, now I cant remember squat.

Thanks.

Mines missing the z bracket and didn't realize until I lifted for the pic and found it down in the base and it's just like the other pic :D

Thrall
06-30-2008, 01:01 AM

Thanks.

Velcro? ....

Chief
06-30-2008, 07:02 AM
I used a plastic mooring cleat on my seat to keep it from sliding. Works like a champ. Or order the part from MCOC.

Cloaked
12-21-2013, 06:48 AM
bump ^