PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic's gloves

DanC
04-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Just curious how many of you wear gloves and what type when you are wrenching on your vehicles or boats. I spent most of this weekend working on my boat and the fiberglass cuts make my hands feel like they have been cut up by ... well..... lots of little pieces of glass :eek:

Footin
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
I wear Craftsmen goves often when working on the boat, car, motorcycle. They fit well and keep my hand clean and protected.

They also work well for riding the mototrcycle in cooler weather.

NatesGr8
04-11-2005, 12:00 PM
I use latex gloves, the dark blue ones, they're thicker than the regular white medical grade. I would use mechanics gloves, however i'm too lazy to go buy a pair :uglyhamme

erkoehler
04-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Wear mechanics gloves when working on the snowmobiles all the time! Blue latex ones in the summer when its HOT! :D

JEREMY79
04-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Mechanics gloves. I have five pair. One in every vehicle and boat and one in a bag of chains and tie-downs stuff like that. These gloves are the best.

jimmer2880
04-12-2005, 06:13 AM
I just started using a pair. Not very good for construction style work, etc - but for wrenching, they seem to be good.

JohnnyB
04-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Never thought I'd like "wrenching" with gloves on. However, a couple of friends raved about them. Since I've tried them, I seldom do any mechanic work on cars, snowmobiles, boats, etc without them. The thing I really like is your hands stay clean and when the gloves get a bit greasy they've still got great grip.

JEREMY79
04-12-2005, 11:17 AM
yeah and they wash!!! Like in the washing machine and come out in one piece. Great product

AirJunky
04-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Just picked up a box of the blue latex gloves recently. It's definitely nice to peel them off when your done & your all clean. Still getting used to them though.
$6 for a box of 100 at Harbor Freight (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37051) .... and they go on sale for like $2/box occasionally.

LakePirate
04-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't know about what brand you guys are using but the Kobalt gloves from Lowe's have a nice little strip of padding across the knuckle. It comes in handy when you decide to punch the block!

SteveO
04-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Just curious how many of you wear gloves and what type when you are wrenching on your vehicles or boats. I spent most of this weekend working on my boat and the fiberglass cuts make my hands feel like they have been cut up by ... well..... lots of little pieces of glass :eek:

Did you get it in the water? Spring is here. Hit it.

Ric
04-12-2005, 12:06 PM
I have a pair of mechanix
they look really cool
never used them
always think about them AFTER I'm greasy and cut and scraped up!

EFiles
04-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Just had to get 3 stitches in my finger. Cut it on the metal housing of a light fixture I was installing. I've got a pair of those type of gloves but wasn't wearing them. Now I've learned my lesson!

chico
04-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Just bought two pairs of clutch gear gloves.can't work without them now.