PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a Swim Deck (TEAK DECK?)

SierraDump
05-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I got a 79' Stars/Stripes... It came with a white fiberglass swim deck . But I want a nice wood one...

I can refinish it if need be - but I need something to start with...

Any ideas where I can find one???

cbryan70
05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Good luck. I just did this to my boat. It is ALOT bigger project then you will think it is. More then likely you will have to find a scrap boat get the teak off of the boat and resize it. You will then need to make brackets for your boat.....which involves ALOT of measuring. You will have to fill all of the holes from your fiberglass platform which is roughly 10 i beleive then redrill more wholes for your brackets. When you take the platform off and put the new one on you will need to take that gas tank out as well for access. Good like finding a platform i got lucky.....

TMCNo1
05-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I got a 79' Stars/Stripes... It came with a white fiberglass swim deck (or Teak Deck - not sure what its actually called). But I want a nice wood one...

Fiberglass Swim Deck is made of fiberglass like the boat hull/deck and a Teak Deck is made of teak wood. Teak World, Lebenon, TN, 1-615-444-7269 can make you one.

ShamrockIV
05-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I got a 79' Stars/Stripes... It came with a white fiberglass swim deck (or Teak Deck - not sure what its actually called). But I want a nice wood one...

call teakworld in lebanon TN
they are right down the road from me!! my buddy has a 1980 that came woith a glass platform. they made him one out of teak that mounts to the glass one!!! looks awesome!!! for like 250!!

chrisbank
05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I went to my local MC dealer and picked up an new non-current platform off of PS209.
We cut it down to match the stern shape and here's how it turned out-

SierraDump
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow, that looks really nice. I wish I could find one!!! Mine should be easier too as my transom is flat/straight, no curve to it...

brucemac
05-23-2008, 04:39 PM
hey that's nice!

h2oskifreak
05-24-2008, 02:07 AM
You sure there is no curve. Put an edge to it and you might be surprised.

Wow, that looks really nice. I wish I could find one!!! Mine should be easier too as my transom is flat/straight, no curve to it...

Gonzo
05-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Fiberglass Swim Deck is made of fiberglass like the boat hull/deck and a Teak Deck is made of teak wood. Teak World, Lebenon, TN, 1-615-444-7269 can make you one.

call teakworld in lebanon TN
they are right down the road from me!! my buddy has a 1980 that came woith a glass platform. they made him one out of teak that mounts to the glass one!!! looks awesome!!! for like 250!!

Harold I expect this from you but SHAM!!! BOO YAOU