PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pass settings for an X-star

Jerseydave
05-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Can anyone with a 2003-current X-star (MCX) tell me what your calibration settings are? I need to set-up a baseline before I try to fine-tune mine. I called PP and he gave me some settings, just wanted to see what works best for you. What I'm interested in is:

CS setting
XU setting
KDW setting
NN setting

Thanks!

PS: to get your settings, turn key on, push both up and down arrows at the same time, scroll through

Ole Miss Rebels
05-23-2008, 12:38 AM
i saved the settings that PP technical dept. sent me on my 2005 xstar with mcx. i had the 14.25 X 14 prop. my perfect pass was smooth, moderate to lock in and once it hit the set speed it never waivered over .2 mph (two tenths of a mile per hour) either above or below the set speed. i traded my 05 but i think i saved a hard copy of the email they sent me. i will look for it tomorrow and if i find it i will post it here. it really made a big difference over the factory default settings.

vision
05-23-2008, 07:47 AM
On my 08 with MCX I set NN to 60, KDW to 180, and CS to 725 when I have >1500lbs in ballast. I have the stock prop. I am not sure I have access to the XU settings with the VDIG?

PaulW
05-23-2008, 01:49 PM
This is great, I have been having some issues and need to set mine up correctly. I will be looking for this kind of info. I have an 06 XStar with the MCX
Thanks

Jerseydave
05-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys! Going to try a few things tomorrow.

My buddy has an "06 X1 and his settings are:

KDW 65
NN 100

That's alot different than visions settings, so I may try the above settings first. The PP rep told me to only change one setting at a time and keep trying the boat without a rider to dial it in.

Ole Miss Rebels
05-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I found them. whew. Gary Allen at PP sent me this info back in July 2005 for my 2005 Xstar with 6.5N Drive by Wire. I had the 14.25 X 14 prop.

CS 750
XU 4
KDW 150
NN 100

Jerseydave
05-25-2008, 07:15 AM
I tried various settings yesterday, still getting alot of surging. Sometimes when set at 20 it speeds the boat up to 24-25 or slows down to 18-19! I think I have some other problems besides settings. I'll have to call PP again after one more try to see what they suggest.

Last year I ran the PP in the RPM mode, seemed to work really nice and smooth. Anyone else run the RPM mode for wakeboarding? The only downside was you have to hit the up arrow when initially pulling up the rider and also in turns.

lav
05-25-2008, 07:58 AM
njskier I had the same problem as you could never get mine to settle down.
What I did was add an additional return spring (so it would rebound quicker)
I dont know if this will help your problem but sure sounds like the same thing I went through. Hope this helps if need be Ill take a couple of pictures and post it up.

swatguy
05-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Ths is a topic a little while back we had for the X1/205v with LTR and 14.25 prop.

I know it won't help with the Current X-Star, but just gives you an idea. Also may help your buddy with his X1

http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=17957

Jerseydave
05-25-2008, 07:12 PM
lav, I'd be interested to see a pic of your return spring (is it an MCX?)

swatguy, thanks for the link to that older thread. I hold MYMC's opinions in the highest regard, so I'll be trying that next time out.

lav
05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
no not MCX, Preadtor, But you should still be able to find a way to add an extra return spring. Will get some pics up as soon as I get it put away just got back from boarding and I'm kicking back enjoying a cold beer.

lav
05-25-2008, 11:03 PM
This is in Netrual.

lav
05-25-2008, 11:05 PM
This is W.O.T.

lav
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
I just attached it using the bolt that perfectpass bracket attaches to throttle body and the other end through an extra hole in lifting eye, also made an extension out of stainless tie wire by doubling it over put one end in a vice the other in a drill and twisted it. Not really exact science and you will have to play with different tension on spring,you can take it to tight and it will auto return your throttle, this is too much , you get it where the PP settles down then dial it in with your NN and KDW.

Ole Miss Rebels
05-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Can anyone with a 2003-current X-star (MCX) tell me what your calibration settings are? I need to set-up a baseline before I try to fine-tune mine. I called PP and he gave me some settings, just wanted to see what works best for you. What I'm interested in is:

CS setting
XU setting
KDW setting
NN setting

Thanks!

PS: to get your settings, turn key on, push both up and down arrows at the same time, scroll through

Your boat should be Drive by Wire throttle. your perfect pass shouldn't have any mechanical parts, should it?

lav
05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh yea sorry about that if it is a DBW system this can not be done. Thanks for clarify Ole Miss Rebel.

Jerseydave
06-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey guys, I still need to know YOUR settings on your perfect pass. I'm always trying different ones, trying to get the PP to perform at its best.

CS
KDW
Nn

I plan on having 8-10 peeps in the boat next weekend with 2500# ballast.

Thanks!

Ole Miss Rebels
06-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Hey guys, I still need to know YOUR settings on your perfect pass. I'm always trying different ones, trying to get the PP to perform at its best.

CS
KDW
Nn

I plan on having 8-10 peeps in the boat next weekend with 2500# ballast.

Thanks!

what prop are you running, dave? don't you have an mcx? also, did you try my settings?

Jerseydave
06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
what prop are you running, dave? don't you have an mcx? also, did you try my settings?

14.75 X 15.5 OJ and I also have the 14.25 X 14.5 OJ. When I try a lower CS setting like 750 the boat will not get up to desired speed. My CS setting is around 1325. I'm going to call PP tomorrow for suggestions and I'll try your settings next week too, but I think I've tried them before. It only gives me problems when running 2000# or more ballast plus 6-8 people. Lighter loads are not a problem.

Holman J.B.F
03-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Up again,..
dealer installed a new computer (2010) and i lost all my settings,i forgot the kdw nn & Cs settings.
14.75 X 15.5 OJ and LY6 3000lbs+ wieght.
Today was our first set of the new season and PP didn,t hold speed very well,...+/- 2mile difference.
does someone have some nrs to start with?
I think i made a mistake to raise the NN last setting was KDW-180ish NN-90 Cs-795

sand2snow22
08-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Been playing with pp settings his week. Following this thread and another where mymc posted.. 2005 x2, mcx, pp working better kdw 160, nn 80, cs 1600. Ive tried lots of other settings, bit his seems to work best so sticking with them!

Jerseydave
08-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Been playing with pp settings his week. Following this thread and another where mymc posted.. 2005 x2, mcx, pp working better kdw 160, nn 80, cs 1600. Ive tried lots of other settings, bit his seems to work best so sticking with them!

I talked to PP last year about my surging. They said there was ground issues in 2005 so they instructed me to cut the ground wire at the controller and run a new ground wire all the way back to the engine block, so I did that. (you might want to call them and run your own ground wire too)
My PP works much better, still not 100% perfect but a lot better. My next upgrade will be Stargazer but I need a new guage with that so it costs a bit. Maybe next year.

sand2snow22
08-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I talked to PP last year about my surging. They said there was ground issues in 2005 so they instructed me to cut the ground wire at the controller and run a new ground wire all the way back to the engine block, so I did that. (you might want to call them and run your own ground wire too)
My PP works much better, still not 100% perfect but a lot better. My next upgrade will be Stargazer but I need a new guage with that so it costs a bit. Maybe next year.

I had to do that on my other 2005 x2 when I went from mc cruise to stargazer. This one came with wakeboard pro. Setting are working well!!!!!

atthelake
08-04-2011, 12:44 AM

Take a look at installing this NauticLaugic, http://www.nauticlaugic.com GPS upgrade, hooks onto existing paddle wheel wire a it's just that easy. Allegedly...

snowslider76
08-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I had the same grounding issue as well, I cut it and ran it like PP told me too. Works like a champ now!

I have an 06 Star w/MCX and run an OJ 14.75x13, stock ballast plus PWT bags plus 250 dead weight in the bow.

I'd have to double check my settings but I'm pretty sure they are

Jerseydave
08-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Take a look at installing this NauticLaugic, http://www.nauticlaugic.com GPS upgrade, hooks onto existing paddle wheel wire a it's just that easy. Allegedly...

Anyone ever try one of these? Looks like a nice alternative, esp for me since PP would require me to purchase a newer multi-line guage (I have a single line guage stock)

atthelake
08-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Anyone ever try one of these? Looks like a nice alternative, esp for me since PP would require me to purchase a newer multi-line guage (I have a single line guage stock)

JD, check out my other post on these. I may have broken some rules on forums because out of the 5 replies, 4 are from me but i thought it seemd like another good alternative for people out there. I am gonna order the system, just not sure if I'll get it on this year. I have an 09 xstar with the wakeboard pro perfect pass running thru the V-Dig display (non-upgradeable to Stargazer). There is talk about these systems on moomba, nautique, and malibu's forums as well with actual "owners" of these systems.

xstarondabayou
08-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I run about 3200 lbs of ballast in my x star and it holds speed perfectly. Granted, it takes a minute to get up to speed with all that weight, but it wont budge once it engages.
my KDW is at 280
my NN is 30
my CS is 730

It is recommended that when running a heavy boat (or a boat loaded with ballast) that you put the KDW up and the NN down. I do not know exactly why this is, but it sure has made a huge difference for me

agarabaghi
07-08-2012, 09:59 PM
where is the CS setting? all i see when i go into the settings on my wakeboard pro is calibration kdw and nn

willyt
07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
its on the setup menu... cant remember off the top of my head how to get there. I'm going to the boat tonight to replace the fuel pump and can look for you

agarabaghi
07-09-2012, 11:06 AM
thanks.

If i press up and down arrow together i get to the Wakeboard setup screen, and it says Calibration KDW and NN

willyt
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Right - sorry didn't explain myself very well, the CS setting is in a different menu where you set up the PP, choose stuff like language, calibration, hard reset, etc

agarabaghi
07-10-2012, 01:08 PM
yup Menu + Up brings you there.

I set it a bit higher after talking to the guys from PP and its responding MUCH better.

Tomi
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I had similar symptoms, thought I would need additional return spring also but turned out that just lubricating the cable was enough.