PDA

View Full Version : Why guys like the Garmin StreetPilot GPS Units

suedv
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Rick and several of the guys in his office have purchased Garmin StreetPilots. They like them and haul them out whenever they go on trips to new places. While overall the Garmin meets the task of getting you from point A to point B, I see some real fail points in the devices. They aren't intelligent. They sometimes take you on an odd route. They don't learn and remember traffic routes you like. So the big question is why do guys like them so much. I thought about it for a while and I've come up with what I think are some real good answers. ;) 8p

Why Men Like Garmin Street Pilot GPS Units

A woman is giving the driving directions and men can totally ignore her if they want
Men can turn the volume totally off and then when they decide they need her again they turn the volume back up and she contiunes to willingly give more directions
She (the Garmin voice) keeps a nice tone of voice even after they just shut her up
The Garmin lady doesn't get anxious
It's an ego builder to know a better route than the woman in the Garmin
Men never have to say they are lost... they have their Garmin with them
Gadgets of any kind are fun

Happy Driving My Friends :D :steering:

jclose8
05-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I love my Garmin. I did change to the British voice. The other chick was too b!tchy.

Jerseydave
05-22-2008, 09:44 PM
-the garmin is way cheaper than marrying a woman with a great sense of direction :)

east tx skier
05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
I love my Garmin. I did change to the British voice. The other chick was too b!tchy.

"English Emily" rocks. Drive down a Farm-Market road some time. She will tell you you are on, for example, "Federated States of Micronesia 722."

Flatwaterfooter
05-23-2008, 01:23 PM

How do you change the voice on it?

TMCNo1
05-23-2008, 01:26 PM
How do you change the voice on it?

Get the Brittney Spears model! :rolleyes: