PDA

View Full Version : Calgary and Area TT Members

thijs
05-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I have seen a bunch of MC's out there.

What lakes you guys on?

Interested in a "Run the wallies off the lake" get together?

We (unfortunately) frequent Ghost Dam. Sometimes do Travers Dam.

Muttley
05-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I've seen lots of Alberta plates at Mabel, Christina, Shuswap, Okanagan and Kalamalka lakes in BC.

I've also heard of skiing in the Bow River, but I don't know exactly where. There's also Chestermere Lake (also nicknamed "the Slough").

thijs
05-22-2008, 03:08 PM
I've seen lots of Alberta plates at Mabel, Christina, Shuswap, Okanagan and Kalamalka lakes in BC.

I've also heard of skiing in the Bow River, but I don't know exactly where. There's also Chestermere Lake (also nicknamed "the Slough").

A lot of us invade BC every summer as our lakes suck. We frequent Osoyoos every year. And I am certianly aware of "Chester-slough". :/

ALBERTASKIER
05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
We are usually on Pine Coulee, Little Bow/Travers, Elkwater Lake.
You know I am in for a "get together".

Kent

shunra
05-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I am usually on Gleniffer lake since I have a place out there. Logs can sometimes be an issue but boat traffic is pretty managable. At least once a year I take a trip to the Okanagan - well worth it.

A get together is a great idea.

Wesser
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
we spend a couple weeks at christina lake bc as well as mara...chestermere is a complete hole...

Bert
05-23-2008, 12:10 AM
it's expensive to be a skier in Calgary. After moving here I quickly realized no good skiing spots here. Tried course skiing at Ghost but it sucks. So, had to buy a place at Mara and keep my prostar there. That one hurt and came with a nice mortgage;)

thijs
05-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Well Bert if you ever want to go for a sucky ski at the Ghost keep an eye out on this thread, we don't have a mortgage in Mara and there certainly isn;t a whole lot of camp grounds anymore.

kennbarbie
05-23-2008, 01:20 AM
If any of you guys are in the area (Okaogan Lake or Osoyoos) drop me a line, will be sure to hook up. Always see lots of red plates in the area pulling a MC.

wboarders
05-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Me and my 2003 X-10 hand at MacGregor quite a bit. See a few MC's out there but mainly fisherman......the don't like my wake at all....

thijs
05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
If any of you guys are in the area (Okaogan Lake or Osoyoos) drop me a line, will be sure to hook up. Always see lots of red plates in the area pulling a MC.

Should be in Osoyoos first two weeks in September.

peels
05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
We go to Sheerness most of the time as it is fairly close, but it can get stupid busy on the weekends.:mad: Nice and warm with the power plant though.:D

jpattigr
05-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Live 10 mins from Ghost and ski, surf, board etc there all the time in the spring and fall! If you see me say hi!!
John:D

Bert
05-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Well Bert if you ever want to go for a sucky ski at the Ghost keep an eye out on this thread, we don't have a mortgage in Mara and there certainly isn;t a whole lot of camp grounds anymore.
Didn't mean it the way it came out:o Just the weather is a tough out there (windy) Use the course at Ghost village often with a couple of fellow MC owners with places on Ghost:D. Come on by and come on out to BC as well. All water is good.

thijs
05-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Didn't mean it the way it came out Just the weather is a tough out there (windy) Use the course at Ghost village often with a couple of fellow MC owners with places on Ghost. Come on by and come on out to BC as well. All water is good.

I didn't mean to come off that way either. I agree, Ghost Dam sucks, it is windy, cold, busy and often full of debris. I hate that lake with a passion. It is just that it is close. We do frequent the course to ski and have met a guy with an older 190 on the course.

Live 10 mins from Ghost and ski, surf, board etc there all the time in the spring and fall! If you see me say hi!!
John

I'll look out for ya, here is my wife and I. You might also see my dad Barry and mother out there without me if I am working.

Bert
05-24-2008, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=thijs;495478]I didn't mean to come off that way either. I agree, Ghost Dam sucks, it is windy, cold, busy and often full of debris. I hate that lake with a passion. It is just that it is close. We do frequent the course to ski and have met a guy with an older 190 on the course.

The guy with the older 190 (an 88 teal & white) is Ed. The other fellow over there has a 190 that is white with purple stripe and his name is Gary. If I have mine out it is white with black stripe 190.

thijs
05-24-2008, 11:13 PM
The guy with the older 190 (an 88 teal & white) is Ed. The other fellow over there has a 190 that is white with purple stripe and his name is Gary. If I have mine out it is white with black stripe 190.

Are those guys on team talk?

jpattigr
05-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Well Guys, I beg to differ on Ghost!! I know it's cold but during the week it is not busy and once summer rolls around the water clears up nice!
I have had many great days there and am glad it is close to my house!
I also would suggest not talking about any courses at Ghost as the course is never busy and I would like to keep it that way!!:rolleyes:

thijs
05-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Well Guys, I beg to differ on Ghost!! I know it's cold but during the week it is not busy and once summer rolls around the water clears up nice!
I have had many great days there and am glad it is close to my house!
I also would suggest not talking about any courses at Ghost as the course is never busy and I would like to keep it that way!!

What course? ;) We really don't get much of a chance to go out during the week unfortunately. Might have to try more often. Get out later on weeknights maybe?

wboarders
06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Long weekend coming up and I pick up my new X-star Friday.....can't wait till the break in period is over and I can get busy riding.....

thijs
06-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Long weekend coming up and I pick up my new X-star Friday.....can't wait till the break in period is over and I can get busy riding.....

Where are you going to be riding wboarders?? You should post a pic of your new boat so we can recognize you and meet up for a .....pop.

MCX2RYD
06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Heading to BC in a week for 3 weeks of riding Shuswap and Okanagan. Also gonna hit up McGregor East of Calgary afterwards to meet friends July 23rdish. Black X2 if your out that way!

thijs
06-24-2008, 10:19 PM
MCX2RYD:

Have fun at the Shuswap. I am a big fan of Travers Reservoir. That area is soooo nice. Prarie's rock.

thijs
06-28-2008, 02:37 AM
Okay Calgary and Cochrane peeps. I am going to finally be out on the lake this Sunday! :) See you there at the Ghost?????

thijs
06-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Bump bump.................

Bert
07-06-2009, 03:11 PM
MCX2RYD:

Have fun at the Shuswap. I am a big fan of Travers Reservoir. That area is soooo nice. Prarie's rock.

Hey thijs, when you go to little blow head the opposite way from the lake when you leave the boat launch at the park. Just idle up around the corner so none of the douche bag wallys notice. Go around the corner and you will find a nice stretch of river that the wally's won't run cause they think it's to shallow and to tight to turn around with the toobs.
Good and flat for skiing/footin, about the length of 3 slamo courses and protected from the prevailing winds. About 14 ft deep so nice and warm. Halfway along that stretch is a house with a red/white 91ps190. His name is Richard, tell him I sent ya and he will show you the pattern for safe turn arounds and you can hang out on his ski dock. We only share this info with other MC owners.

craig3972
07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey thijs, when you go to little blow head the opposite way from the lake when you leave the boat launch at the park. Just idle up around the corner so none of the douche bag wallys notice. Go around the corner and you will find a nice stretch of river that the wally's won't run cause they think it's to shallow and to tight to turn around with the toobs.
Good and flat for skiing/footin, about the length of 3 slamo courses and protected from the prevailing winds. About 14 ft deep so nice and warm. Halfway along that stretch is a house with a red/white 91ps190. His name is Richard, tell him I sent ya and he will show you the pattern for safe turn arounds and you can hang out on his ski dock. We only share this info with other MC owners.

I have been going to that lake for years and never went that way:confused: maybe next time. i stopped going to little bow due to the daytime winds.

thijs
07-06-2009, 07:29 PM

We normally actually never hang that side of the lake. We hang way out east on Travers Reservoir with the fishermen and the cattle. Big changes coming up for the Travers Dam and most notably the Little Lake it feeds which is actually called "Little Bow Reservoir". They are doing huge upgrades to LBR over the next four years bringing its water lever to par with Travers Reservoir. This is going to flood a huge area around LBR and making it a couple meteres deeper. No real changes expected to Travers except winter time drain levels will be lower. I can't find the project links RN.

We might drop by the West end of the lake however just for a meet and greet. Feel free to come down east for a pop- We have the blue/pink striped 205.

Bert
07-07-2009, 02:00 AM
We normally actually never hang that side of the lake. We hang way out east on Travers Reservoir with the fishermen and the cattle. Big changes coming up for the Travers Dam and most notably the Little Lake it feeds which is actually called "Little Bow Reservoir". They are doing huge upgrades to LBR over the next four years bringing its water lever to par with Travers Reservoir. This is going to flood a huge area around LBR and making it a couple meteres deeper. No real changes expected to Travers except winter time drain levels will be lower. I can't find the project links RN.

We might drop by the West end of the lake however just for a meet and greet. Feel free to come down east for a pop- We have the blue/pink striped 205.
Will do next time I have my boat back in Alberta and head down that way. From now till Sept. I will have my boat at Mara Lake.

Bert
07-07-2009, 02:08 AM
I have been going to that lake for years and never went that way:confused: maybe next time. i stopped going to little bow due to the daytime winds. I was the same, never would have gone that way until the guy's I ski on snow with showed me that spot. The winds get going there but if it isn't real windy you can get a decent ski in on that little part of river and salvage the day. It's ok but I still have my favorite spots. The Shuswap river and Mara lake, the river from Sandpoint to Albany falls in Idaho and Dickie Lake in Montana. Been sticking to Mara since I bought a place in Sicamous

André
07-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Any of you guys plan to go to the Worlds Waterski Championship in Calgary?
Very nice pics of the site in Waterski Mag...
Do we have members that have skied the place?

Jonathan94
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Got our tickets already! We are staying with friends south of Calgary during the event.

Then when it is done we are off to Salmon Arm to spend a week on the Shuswaps and maybe make a day boat trip to Mara lake. This is a good thread for my summer vacation - maybe we can hook-up with some of you guys out there.

JulioX2
07-07-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll be in the shuswaps next week, houseboating. It'll be the first time with the X-2. Look for it, it's black and yellow.

thijs
07-08-2009, 05:47 AM
I will be at the championships for the Saturday. I plan on taking my TMC shirt to try get a couple autographs.

It would be great to meet up with a few TT'ers especially considering it is a Nautiques event.

I have never been there but I do have friends who do. I guess it is pretty world class. I bet the water is super awesome- clean and calm.