PDA

View Full Version : 07' X1 Ballast issue

bry-guy
05-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm having trouble w/ my port ballast on my. When I turn it on I get no sounds of the pump working on the light flashing twice every five seconds or so. From reading the forums just now it sounds like the most common problem with the pumps is the impeller going bad, so I will check that, if I can find it, and get back to you. I thought I would still hear the motor running if that was the case.

sand2snow22
05-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Ballast timing issue? Bad pump? Since under warranty, have the dealer fix. Is your dealer close?

trickskier
05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Check the circuit breaker

Lennyp04
05-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Man this sucks. Atleast I'm not the only one. Mine has the same problem right now. Should be getting fixed this week. Mine was the pump or atleast thats what I think it is. I know that it isn't the circuit breaker because when you push in the rubber things nothing pushes in. Deffinetly check with your dealer. When I go up next week I'll try to get a deffinite answer.

From what someone told me... MasterCraft for some reason mounted the port side pump upside down allowing water to seep in and destroy the pump. I know it sucks.

sand2snow22
05-20-2008, 07:01 PM
From what someone told me... MasterCraft for some reason mounted the port side pump upside down allowing water to seep in and destroy the pump. I know it sucks.

I told you that :D

Lennyp04
05-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Yep your right. Haha I told my mechanic and hopefully he's going to fix it this week

bry-guy
05-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I guess that would be it, thanks for the replies. I haven't spoken to my dealer yet, but is yours covered under warrenty Lenny? Seems strange that they would mount it like that if they continue to have porblems.

sand2snow22
05-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Let me know what the problems turn out to be. I got 2 years out of my first pump, which means next year the current pump will probably take a crap. At that time I will probably mount the pump correctly. If the pumps are indeed the problem, you guys might want to think about doing that NOW........

Bryan

Lennyp04
05-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah we got the boat last July. So yes ours is under warranty. Unfortunatley this seems that it will be a reccuring problem.

TX.X-30 fan
05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
So in your opinions what is the proper way to mount the pump? I have 2 with the impeller on top and 1 on the bottom. Mine still work great.

sand2snow22
05-20-2008, 09:17 PM
IMO impeller facing down. Somebody pulled apart a bad pump with the impeller facing up, water leaked in, rust, etc. destroyed the pump.

We need to see if pump is the problem first. Could be a lot of things including a stuck impeller.

TX.X-30 fan
05-20-2008, 09:24 PM
That is what I read in a different thread. I still find it hard to believe the pump cares how it is oriented. Sealed system should work sideways, up, down, whatever.

sand2snow22
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I hear ya, come to think of it one of mine faces down, one up and the other is on it's side! Maybe the seal is being broken, that's never a good thing ;)

lav
05-20-2008, 10:09 PM
IMO impeller facing down. Somebody pulled apart a bad pump with the impeller facing up, water leaked in, rust, etc. destroyed the pump.

We need to see if pump is the problem first. Could be a lot of things including a stuck impeller.

That was me that had the rusted pump went back to archives to find pic but i couldnt find it,and i deleted it from my pc. FWIW you can turn the pump 180 by removing the two hoses and then remove the two impeller bolts that mount pump to the motor rotate pump 180 degrees and reinstall mounting bolts,reattach hoses. You may also have to move mounting bracket down (on my pump there was extra set of holes in bracket I assume they are all the same)just remove four screws adjust bracket accordingly then remount.

I will do a search and see if I can find old post.

As far as a seal keeping water out, mine only had a floating rubber washer over top of the bearing and water traveled right down the shaft to the bottom of the pump.

lav
05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Here is the thread with the pic of the opposite end bell( the impeller pump was orinented on top. http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=17032&highlight=ballast+pump post 7 shows the pic of the bearing that the water leaked on. Hopefully this is not your problem but if i was you i would flip that pump while you are into it

bry-guy
05-27-2008, 05:22 PM
So of of course after tearing the ballast apart and multiple phone calls to the service dept, thanks Shaun, I unplugged to elect connection and replugged it back in it ran smooth. The good thing about the process besides it being a quick fix and ready to go, is I figured out where the damn thing is and have a better idea how they run for possible trouble shooting down the road. Thanks for all of your responses.

Bryan

Lennyp04
05-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Good to hear. Still waiting on mine. I will keep this in mind if the mechanic doesnt have a resolution this week!