PDA

View Full Version : Dash rattle and loose screws

akps190
05-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I've got a 98 prostar 190 with a couple of issues:

1. The dash rattles and I can actually pickup the right side a little. I looked from underneath to see if there was a screw or some type of attachment missing, but the dash & instrument cluster is installed above a fiberglass housing that appears to be attached to the hull so I cant figure out how the dash is secured.

2. The screws that attach the section of floor that also attach to the engine cover are loose, as in stripped out from where they attach to the floor structure. So, when I lift the engine cover, the whole floor board wants to lift up with it. Anyway to fill the old holes and drill new??

SunCoast 83
05-19-2008, 10:13 PM
My family had a 1999 Duvall 205. We had issues with the gauge housing on that one as well. As I remember the dash had plastic push screws. We they always pushed up, probably from the vibration. I think a 98 has the same dash assembly, so it is a common problem.

SunCoast 83
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Where do you ski in Alaska? fresh or salt water?....probably a short season too.

akps190
05-19-2008, 10:30 PM
fresh water... local lakes.

Short season??? The ice just went out, we're ready to go.... We can ski right up till halloween, when the lake freezes again....

www.flatlake.com