View Full Version : 205 Trailer Dimensions = Homework
05-19-2008, 07:17 PM
For better or for worse I've purchased a 2005 MS210 trailer for my 1999 PS205. I'm sure to some this is a bad idea but the trailer is new and I got if for a great price.
The frame looks very similar to the newer trailers for boats using the 205 hull including axel placement and crossmembers that accomodate the tracking fins. Where I need help is bunk placement and v block.
Anyone with a 205 trailer 1996 and up could you please provide me with the dimensions I've listed in the attached pictures. Should not take too long for someone with the boat off the trailer and it will be a huge help to me.
If I've left out any dimensions you think might be helpful then please send them my way.
Note: I'm borrowing these pictures from a trailer that is for sale at Rambo Marine. Ask for Caleb if interested.
05-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Here is the second pic
05-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Hester: I have a 2000 Mastercraft 205 on a Mastercraft trailer and while I have taken the measurements I am not positive how much they will help you. I believe there are probably other variables that might make these inaccurate for your purpose, things like if your cross members are not at the same angles then these measurements will be inaccurate. The V Block measurement is difficult due to the angle it is mounted, I will include a picture so you get the idea. If you need more measurements or calification I will be happy to help.
1. Top of Frame to V Block 6 1/8 Front 4 1/2 Rear
2. Height of bunk to crossmember 4" outside 3 7/8 inside
3. Height of bunk to crossmember 4 7/8 outside 5" inside
4. Height of bunk to crossmember 3 5/8 outside 4 1/2 inside
5. Height of bunk to crossmember 5/8 outside 3" inside
6. Distance between bunks inside to inside 31 bottom 29 3/4 top - (measurement difficult due to tracking fin)
7. Distance between bunks inside to inside 35 1/2 bottom 33 1/2 top
8. Distance between bunks inside to inside 38 bottom 36 3/4 top
9. Distance between bunks inside to inside 40" - (measurement difficult due to rudder)
05-20-2008, 08:25 AM
divetravis, thank you for taking the time to get me this information it will be very helpful. Your right, there are other variables that are going to make this a challenge but your dimensions will be a good start.
When you say “31 bottom” does that mean the distance between the inside edge of the bunk bracket to the other. And when you say “29 3/4 top” would that be inside edge of the carpet to the other.
05-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Hester: You are quite welcome. The bottom measurement is from the inside edge of the brackets where they meet the cross member, the top measurement is also the inside edge of the brackets but measured at top of the bracket where the bunk mounts. The top and bottom measurements are apparently not the same because the brackets are not mounted straight up and down. If you need anything else please feel free to ask.