PDA

View Full Version : Changed To New Pitot Does Not Work ?

krakolos
05-19-2008, 03:45 PM
HI EVERYONE,

don't throw you old stuff out the window yet !!!
bought the Skidim tournament pitot cause it looks hot.

Guesss what ! no speed on Airguide speedo.

I must be missing something here. I just plugged it in figuring it would work ok !

Is there something else to do. Ho yeah! first boat ride of the year. Yahoo.

B.T.W. is there only air in the rubber tube or water. What are the copper or brass tubes for ? You know the ones behind the rear seat are they used as dampers.

Hey, here is another one. Last summer water found it's way on the carpet on the driver's side underneath the rear bench. So much in fact the carpet un-glued itself.

Smells like speedometer tubes or hoses or damper problem.
If someone out there as knowledge on these equipement, please help.

Even if I have a PP I still like to know my speed.

Regards

east tx skier
05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I've added the skidim pickup to two boats now and on both, it always worked fine, plug and play. Was your speedo working before?

jimmer2880
05-19-2008, 06:40 PM
They worked for me on my airguides also.

krakolos
05-29-2008, 08:15 AM
hi you all,

calles Skidim. They told me to unplug the rear and the front of the hose and check air flow. OOps ! no air going trough. Does someone care to answer the rest of my questions about the brass tubes or (dampers).

One dealer told me I could do without those. he suggested running a new rubber tube from back to speedo direct.

Any comments on that ?????

Gracias

jimmer2880
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
I've never heard of running without them, but you can try.

I wonder if there is a kink in your air hoses somewhere?

No, there should not be any water in any part of your system. You may need to blow it out with a low-pressure air hose.

Skipper
06-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Those brass tubes are supposed to account for barametric pressure conditions. The tube is supposed to come from the pitit through the hull to the bottom of the tube. Then another hose runs from the top of the tube to the back of the speedo.

As far as the speedo readings there is a bellows in the back of the speedo. Water travelling from the pitit flows through the line - brass tube - and line to the speedo. The pressure from the water causes the bellows to expand which moves the guage on the speedo.

Bottom line, the tube must connect to the pitit and then to the bottom of the brass tube. There should be another line running to the speedometer. You can remove each line and blow pressurized air through them to see that they are clear. Do not use pressurized air when the tube is connected to the speedo or you will cause irreversable damage.

krakolos
07-01-2008, 10:29 AM
THANKS ANYWAY GUYS,

dismantled the gas tank cover and noticed that the rubber tube was not connected to the brass tube at the top. Re-installed it and everything is ok now !

ciao!