PDA

View Full Version : Got it done.....Replaced Sea Water Pump!!!

Gamble
05-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Guys, got r done yesterday......a lot more water flowing out the back while running on water hose. Temp a lot cooler too! The old water pump was about to fall apart-bearings were shot! The fins on the impeller looked to be all there, but I guess it had "memory" and they were all bent over. I backed it into the water, but the wind was blowing so hard I couldn't/didn't want to launch it. So, I figured the next best thing was to let it idle on the trailer and suck the lake water in.......let it run for 20 minutes or so, and temp stayed around 125-130. Exhaust risers felt much cooler too, only warm to the touch now. I can only assume it should run great while under a load. I did load it up in gear on the trailer for a minute and it didn't seem to even raise temp much.......and no more steam out the back! It's definitely cooler now than before, so I'm hoping I fixed it......

D3skier
05-17-2008, 12:51 PM
nice job!!! glad to hear it's fixed

jimmer2880
05-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Good job. Did you take any pic's of the project?

Gamble
05-18-2008, 07:29 PM
thnks guys.......i forgot the camera when I went up there to do the work.......but I brought back the bad pump and impeller.....as soon as I figure out how to post pics on here, I'd like for yall to see them.......the pump was toast....and the vanes on the impeller were all there, but were bent and wouldn't return to the original shape when I took it out.......I'm trying to figure out how to post pics on here, and when I get that done, I'll have some photos for yall to look at.