PDA

View Full Version : Attn Sales Folks - Recommend CRM Solution

3event
05-15-2008, 06:15 PM
OK, sorry if this is a rather dry topic, but.....

Anyone like a CRM solution being used to manage sales at yer company? I'm going to develop an implementation plan for our place and looking for real world input. All comments welcome.

Also, just proving to my wife that TMC is truly a multi-tasking hyper-functional, life-enriching place to be.....

BIGBADBLUE
05-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Salesforce.com ... it is easy, reliable asp solution and very reasonable. We used it at GE and now I implemented it at my new company.

ski_king
05-15-2008, 07:38 PM
I also use salesforce.com
It works great and can be accessed from anywhere you have an internet connection. Great for a company that has employees in many location.

Only problem is, when the internet does ocassionally go down, I am lost, no phone numbers, no notes..... its all on salesforce.com

Used ACT before that. It worked "ok" until we outgrew it.

Chief
05-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Also, just proving to my wife that TMC is truly a multi-tasking hyper-functional, life-enriching place to be.....[/quote]

It's your lie tell it like you want. :D

Chief
05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Also, just proving to my wife that TMC is truly a multi-tasking hyper-functional, life-enriching place to be.....

It's your lie, tell it like you want to.

Knox's_Better_half
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
It's your lie, tell it like you want to.

Chief: Only you :rolleyes::D

3event
05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
thanks for the input guys

i always tell it like i want to

whether she buys it, is another matter entirely

stuartmcnair
05-15-2008, 10:36 PM
another vote for salesforce.com.

You can take your existing CRM and easily upload the data into it. I worked with a group who moved from a Siebel system for their team and they were very happy. I believe they can access through their Blackberries as well.

6ballsisall
05-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Used Act- (it's an act all right...... :rolleyes:)

Salesforce.com is great

Using one now called Highrise.com It's a little less complex than salesforce.com, works well for what I need it to do now

3event
05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
As long as we can sync with Outlook and Windows mobile pda-phones we should be good. We're moving from zero, first CRM ever for our sales teams, should be interesting!

A local vendor/reseller actually recommended Microsoft CRM Live. I would rather have LESS Microsoft on our laptops than more. Plus we are not integrating any mfg , call center, quality, blah blah. Strictly sales-related functionality.

Thanks for the input, TMCers

stuartmcnair
05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
As long as we can sync with Outlook and Windows mobile pda-phones we should be good. We're moving from zero, first CRM ever for our sales teams, should be interesting!

A local vendor/reseller actually recommended Microsoft CRM Live. I would rather have LESS Microsoft on our laptops than more. Plus we are not integrating any mfg , call center, quality, blah blah. Strictly sales-related functionality.

Avoid the Microsoft product. And I say that as someone in a Microsoft shop.

6ballsisall
05-15-2008, 11:33 PM

Based on the info above I'd give Salesforce a strong look

Doug G
05-15-2008, 11:42 PM
absolutely stay away from the MS. Salesforce.com gives your integrations and is as easy or hard to implement as you want it to be and gives the value back Management visibility, process , dashboards etc. If you are in the IT / Professional services fields take a look at Connectwise.

ski_king
05-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Salesforce.com has a add-on for Outlook.
A click of a mouse attaches incoming or outgoing email to the account or contact.

They do need to come up with a way to include email attachments to the contact/account.

2RLAKE
05-16-2008, 08:45 AM
as i'm sitting here at work waiting for my Siebel to load up, i decided to hop over to TT for a while ... Siebel ... did i mention how much i love Siebel?

3event
05-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks 2R. Yep, I am crossing Siebel and SAP off our list, we don't need to go there!