PDA

View Full Version : 303 for switches on dash? how about cleaning turned dash?

brucemac
05-14-2008, 05:49 PM
my boat's been outside since i brought her home from out of state a few weeks back and i went to go check on her at storage monday and noticed the switches have chalked up a bit. probably from sitting outside and from being on a lift with original owner, etc.

am bringing her home tomorrow night to get her all cleaned up again and was just wondering if 303 is the best product to dress them back up with and protect or should i be using something else?

lastly, how and what to use to clean the turned aluminum dash? i think i read on here that someone actually polished/buffed the turned finish clean off. i obviously want to avoid doing that!

headed to west marine tomorrow at lunch so would appreciate any tips on this.

thanks!

shepherd
05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I used 303 on the switches on the dash of my '90 PS190. I can't say it's the best thing to use, but it certainly helped.

Chicago190
05-15-2008, 02:17 AM
I can tell you not to use any aluminum polishes on the dash. I have an aluminum radiator and front mounted intercooler on one of my cars and use Meguiars aluminum polish to remove oxidation and scratches. It will definately turn your brushed aluminum into polished aluminum before you know it.

Kummer
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Man I wiped mine completely clean. I would say leave it alone. Besides glass cleaner you are running the risk of turning it into junk.