PDA

View Full Version : 190 altenator bracket

fcbab14
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
So my friend has a 1997 sammy with the LT-1 in it. took the altenator off, then when he put it back on, he over tighted the bottom bolt. looks like the bracket cracked at the threaded part. Almost looks like it was made of pot metal or something. anyone have a clue of where we could get one of those and how much they are? Thanks.

TMCNo1
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
So my friend has a 1997 sammy with the LT-1 in it. took the altenator off, then when he put it back on, he over tighted the bottom bolt. looks like the bracket cracked at the threaded part. Almost looks like it was made of pot metal or something. anyone have a clue of where we could get one of those and how much they are? Thanks.

Some models had a alternator bracket problem and there are replacements out there, IIRC from the MC dealers and Skidim.

fcbab14
05-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info. i checked out the skidim site but it just shows the brackets for the Ford 351. no brackets ( or at least not what im looking for) for the corvette engine. thanks anyways.

TMCNo1
05-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the info. i checked out the skidim site but it just shows the brackets for the Ford 351. no brackets ( or at least not what im looking for) for the corvette engine. thanks anyways.

Talk to Mike @ http://mymastercraft.com/ and maybe he can help advise you on the bracket and a replacement option.