PDA

View Full Version : portage / kalamazoo, mi anybody?

Kaser
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Dad sold the boat, I have no way to ski... it's nice outside.. it's killing me...

rkaufman
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
We usually go skiing twice during the week days around 6-7pm and trying to get there both Saturday and Sunday early morning around 6-7am

Any interest?

Kaser
05-14-2008, 02:06 PM
what lake?

suedv
05-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Dad sold the boat, I have no way to ski... it's nice outside.. it's killing me...

Come up to Grand Rapids and join the Grand City Show Skier team. You'll get lots of time behind a boat.

Kaser
05-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't have the $$ to drive to grandrapids every day :D

Hell, I dont even have the money to buy a new barefoot suite!

:(

Maristar210
05-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't have the $$ to drive to grandrapids every day :D

Hell, I dont even have the money to buy a new barefoot suite!

:(

Kaser,

Tim aka Fintek9 lives in the Portage area. He's dropping a new motor in his X star and soon he'll be on the water. You might try PM'ing him.

fintek9
06-10-2008, 10:27 PM
And I'm up and running! all broke in and ready to play. Kaser your in Paw Paw was it? Gourdnik lake here. Out as much as we can, Give a shout this way. Never played the barefoot game yet!

Ryan
06-03-2015, 01:15 PM
What's the best lake around Kalamazoo or Battle Creek for reasonable waterfront home price & good schools?

Burdhntr
06-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Move to GR area. Lots of lakes. Lots of skiers/wakeboarders/etc...

Theomedic
06-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Head East on US12 - lakes everywhere in the Irish Hills! Onsted, Manitou Beach, Brooklyn are loaded with lakes. I'm on Loch Erin - private lake with someone at the launch checking you are a resident, it has a ski course, harldy any boat traffic. Sand Lake, Lake Columbia, Wamplers, Devils, Round, Wolf Lake Chain of Lakes, Clark Lake, Evans Lake, Vinyard Lake, ect. That's just to name a few all in 20 minuets of each other, there are dozens more in the same area.

Smiffer
06-10-2015, 03:57 PM
No don't. Horrible lakes in Grand Rapids area. Tons of fishermen and crappy water. :)

I don't want anymore competition for the water. Myself and two others on the lake get together 7AMish and sunset to ski (as long as the darn pontooners are done doing their circles around the lake).

Move to GR area. Lots of lakes. Lots of skiers/wakeboarders/etc...

Ryan
06-11-2015, 08:29 AM
I would love to do Grand Rapids. But that's a heck of a commute to Battle Creek.

197 TT
06-11-2015, 09:04 AM
I live on Goguac Lake in Battle Creek, it is a "fun" lake - couple islands to tie up at, rest/bar on the lake, country club on the lake, public beach - that said, it gets very busy, hard to get good water... lot of sea walls so takes a long time to settle, and it is a good fishing lake so lots of fisherman and tournaments...

Ryan
06-23-2015, 09:31 AM
We drove up to explore the area this weekend. We liked it more than we expected. Especially around Eagle lake and Texas township. I was surprised how busy the lakes were and perhaps the best perk of having lake front would be the benefit of waiting until the lake is clear to go for a run.

I appreciate all of the intel you guys shared. In the end, I received a better competing job offer and will be taking my little red X1 further south.