PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get parts for a Reliable coupler

bturner2
05-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Based on another post I was able to determine that I have a Reliable coupler on my 03 trailer. I need to replace the break away cable and am now looking for someone who sells parts. I've done a buch of searching on the net but can't even find a diagram of my coupler. The Reliable site has all kinds of information on their brakes,axles,etc but nothing on their couplers. Based on their web site it would appear that they don't make couplers. Anyone got any information on a company that resells their gear?

Sodar
05-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Call your dealer... mine did some warranty work on my coupler and had a bunch or reliable trailer parts in stock.

rspiecha
05-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Rob

TMCNo1
05-14-2008, 12:06 PM
http://ufpnet.com/

Rob

I don't think UFP makes Reliable parts. They may be simular, but their interchangablility may be in question.

rspiecha
05-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry, I was thinking they were the same company.

bturner2
05-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I wish I had a UFP their service was great and you could get parts for it. The mounting pins are ofset on the Reliable so the UFP won't fit without welding a new housing on. My dealer wants $40 for just the cable. That seems real steep for a peice of stainless cable. I'm tempted to make one.
I called Reliable yesterday and they said all they could sell me was the entire unit. I guess I'll call again to see how much the full unit is. If it's $200 or less I may just buy it and have all the spare parts I need for a while. That is of course unles the cable gets pulled off again.

bturner2
05-21-2008, 08:51 AM
In case anyone else out there needs parts for their Reliable coupler I was able to get mine from Waymire. They have a great staff and are very helpful. The breadk awy cable my dealer wanted $40 for was $24. This a lot for a peice of wire but much more resonable in my opinion. I've been really happy with my Reliable coupler and service when I called them directly. I just wish there was a better way to get parts and that they were market priced the way most other manufactures products are.

rspiecha
06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Who is Waymire??? I just broke my cable this past weekend. Direct hit with trailer hitch ball and cut it right off.

Thanks

Rob

rspiecha
06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Never mind, found it. http://www.waymires.com/home.htm

erkoehler
06-23-2008, 12:36 PM
UFP and Reliable are different, and the parts are rarely crossed.

rspiecha
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I contacted Waymires and they are sending the cable out for my reliable hydrolic coupler. $24

wtrjock
06-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Did they give you a part number? I need a cable for my 2005 X10 trailer. My coupler looks different than the ones in the picture on their website. I will take a picture of the coupler tonight. What does yours look like?

rspiecha
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Did they give you a part number? I need a cable for my 2005 X10 trailer. My coupler looks different than the ones in the picture on their website. I will take a picture of the coupler tonight. What does yours look like?

We have the same year boat and trailer, so I'm going to guess we have the same coupler. www.waymires.com doesn't have a picture on the web site of the reliabe coupler. They do carry the part $33 shipped, and I have compared the part I have left to the new part, and they are the same. Give them a call, or do their online contact link, and they will call you back. I talked with Skip at 1-800-434-4824 @ waymire. Also, I have the number to Reliable which I'm going to call next about install document 1-888-347-5566.

Now I need the directions to install the new cable.

High Resolution Picture of my Reliabe Hydraulic Coupler #1 (http://memphiszclub.com/graphics/Maristar%20210%20VRS/IMG_0105.JPG)
High Resolution Picture of my Reliabe Hydraulic Coupler #2 (http://memphiszclub.com/graphics/Maristar%20210%20VRS/IMG_0107.JPG)

Rob

bturner2
06-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I did the install on mine and it wasn't that bad. About an hour and 45 minutes including clean up of the old parts. It does however come with a bushing that I could not for the life of me figure out how to get off. Mine didn't look bad so the new ones still sitting on the work bench to keep me humble. I was able to use a screw driver blade to spread the slot where the ball fits into the bushing and them use some vice grips to close it back up. To get the coupler apart all you need to do is take the ring clips off and push the pins through. The whole coupler (minus the master cylinder) slides out. The big bonus is that you can remove the coupler without having to remove the master cylinder. Which means no need to bleed the brakes unless you like that kind of paiin. Pretty straight forward job.