PDA

View Full Version : My luck ran out!

Mag_Red
04-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Things have been going great for Ole Mag Red, well.................except for the fact that the last girl friend turned psycho right after she got her breast implants and dumped me. Business has been booming, got my health, even have a few more slimmies on the line.......life just couldn't get better :D

So I'm driving down the expressway and all off a sudden the truck sounds like it's going to blow up! :eek: It's making this very loud banging/ popping sound like either a fan(which my truck doesn't have) is hitting the radiator or the heads are about to blow off the block. So I pull over behind some orange barrels. (I knew they were good for something)

I call my buddy that owns a towing company and when he shows up we inspect the truck. You wouldn't believe what we saw.

USC8791
04-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Your ex-girlfriend's implants?

André
04-07-2005, 09:25 PM
OK ,I'll bite Mag...What have you saw ?

Ski-A-Rees
04-07-2005, 09:28 PM
You've got my intrestest!! What is it???

Mag_Red
04-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Your ex-girlfriend's implants? :purplaugh

6ballsisall
04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Ah cmon Mag don't keep us in suspense!!! :rant: :eek3:

Ski-A-Rees
04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Come on, Your killing me!

Mag_Red
04-07-2005, 09:36 PM
You've got my intrestest!! What is it??? :rant: A damned spark plug blew out of the cylinder head!

A few days ago I noticed the engine making a ticking sound. I popped the hood and found a plug wire that seemed to be loose. So I try to push it on tighter, which doesn't work......so I pull it off, grap the plug and it was loose. I try to tighten it.............which doesn't work........so I remove it. I look at the threads and the bottom ones seem to be stripped. Get a new plug and it tightens up just fine :dance: Been good for the last few days until this happens. :mad:

I'm thinking that when they did the 100,000 mile tune up, the mechanic probably stripped the plug.

MarkP
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
He didn’t see nothing :rant:

André
04-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a job for Mr Helicoil !!!

Mag_Red
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
He didn’t see nothing :rant:

Yeah I think it's slim to none that they will fess up to stipping the plug hole. Luckily it's not the big of a deal to re-tap the threads.

MarkP
04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
:rant: A damned spark plug blew out of the cylinder head!

A few days ago I noticed the engine making a ticking sound. I popped the hood and found a plug wire that seemed to be loose. So I try to push it on tighter, which doesn't work......so I pull it off, grap the plug and it was loose. I try to tighten it.............which doesn't work........so I remove it. I look at the threads and the bottom ones seem to be stripped. Get a new plug and it tightens up just fine :dance: Been good for the last few days until this happens. :mad:

I'm thinking that when they did the 100,000 mile tune up, the mechanic probably stripped the plug.
Ok guess he saw something. Are you going to call your, ah, Chevy dealer?

MarkP
04-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah I think it's slim to none that they will fess up to stipping the plug hole. Luckily it's not the big of a deal to re-tap the threads.
Dude you been answering me before I ask all damn week!! What gives??

Mag_Red
04-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Ok guess he saw something. Are you going to call your, ah, Chevy dealer?

I'm digging through my receipts to figure what dealer did all the work when it hit 100,000. I know they did a tune-up and svhanged all the fluids and filters. This is the only thing that has gone wrong with the truck since I owned it. What sucks is I'm down to one vehicle after selling the vette :mad:

Mag_Red
04-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Dude you been answering me before I ask all damn week!! What gives??

I'm psychic??????? :D

André
04-07-2005, 09:45 PM
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/eserv/eclipse.ecl?PROCID=WEBPROC.WOE.AUTH&AUTOLOG=YES&ID_1=2582&CLEV=4&TRACKNO=0

Surely you know about those...

Mag_Red
04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/eserv/eclipse.ecl?PROCID=WEBPROC.WOE.AUTH&AUTOLOG=YES&ID_1=2582&CLEV=4&TRACKNO=0

Surely you know about those...Yeah but don't you need to run compressed air in through a valve to make sure you don't get any debris in the cylinder???? I really don't want to pull the heads......actually I don't have time to do the work

6ballsisall
04-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Ah it's a Chevy Mag. They are throw aways-just get your new Ford sooner :D :D j/k

Larryp
04-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Let me give you something to ponder. Do you think that maybe leaving spark plugs in for 100,000 is not such a good idea. As a chevy service manager I know thats when its recommended, but once again thats normal service. Threads probably came out when out when he pulled the plug. It may have even had enough left to get a hard bite when he put them back in. Most automobile techs are honest.

jimmer2880
04-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Easy fix (I actually know someone who did this)....

He had a little Isuzu Trooper 4-banger... one plug fell out (like yours did). Trooper had 100,000+ miles on it. He bought a platinum plug & JBwelded it in the hole. Ran great until he auctioned it off several thousand miles later.

:rolleyes:

Don't know if I would actually do something like that - but it worked for him. Good luck!

Look at the bright side - at least you got to play with the boobies after the "fix-up" before they left.

Storm861triple
04-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Do you think that maybe leaving spark plugs in for 100,000 is not such a good idea....Most automobile techs are honest.

GM Claims they're good for 100,000 miles and they are. Ne need to pull them just for S&G's. Are the heads aluminum? (I don't know what truck you have). If so, then the tech probably pulled them hot, and pulled out the threads too.

As for most techs being honest...I'm not sure I agree with that. If that IS true, it doesn't say much for most tech's intellegence. Which is why I do EVERYTHING to my own vehicles myself.

Larryp
04-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Notice I didn't say boat mechanic. I don't think the heads are aluminum, that's what is confusing to me, very hard to strip out hole on an iron head. When I say boat mechanic I am not refferring to the dealer.

Mag_Red
04-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Look at the bright side - at least you got to play with the boobies after the "fix-up" before they left.WRONG! She was so sore and swollen that I never got anything more than am eyefull.........why do you think I'm pissed?? Not becuase she dumped me 8p

André
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Tell me you didn't pay for them...

Mag_Red
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
UPDATE Going to Heli coil the damned thing..........$370! :eek: Had to remove inner fender and steering shaft as it was right next to the plug. :rolleyes:

Also showed the plug to the dealship that originally installed the plug and they said show them the bill and they'll see what they could do. I'm not jumping up and down with joy.......we'll see. :rant: Counting the Towing charge and the cost of a rental car, this is going to cost me over $500

Ric
04-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Tell me you didn't pay for them...
Why was I thinking the same thing Andre? !

André
04-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Why was I thinking the same thing Andre? !

Probably something to do with superior intelligence... :worthy:

Ric
04-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Mag isnt rushing to answer that one......
Maybe there's no high speed connection for the laptop in the service dept. waiting area?

Mag_Red
04-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Tell me you didn't pay for them... :uglyhamme Of course I didn't.............how dumb do you think I am????

Never mind...........don't answer that :D

lakes Rick
04-08-2005, 08:08 PM
:uglyhamme Of course I didn't.............how dumb do you think I am????

Not dumb just a lustful horndog........ Unlike nice men like me..

André
04-08-2005, 08:55 PM
:uglyhamme Of course I didn't.............how dumb do you think I am????

Good.
But don't expect for "shared custudy"(sp) for them...

6ballsisall
04-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Bummer dude! Let me know if you need some help!!

Mag_Red
04-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Bummer dude! Let me know if you need some help!!Got her back already :banana: Couldn't stand driving the Kia rent-a-car :steering: You still going to take the boat out tomorrow???

6ballsisall
04-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Probably going to be Sunday The inlaws are here and probably want to do some sight seeing tommorrow. Father in law is going to help me adjust the carb and check the timing, it idles kinda crumby. Did you get the yellow beast out yet??

NeilM
04-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Good.
But don't expect for "shared custudy"(sp) for them...

LOL you crack me up, André !

jimmer2880
04-11-2005, 06:14 AM
WRONG! She was so sore and swollen that I never got anything more than am eyefull.........why do you think I'm pissed?? Not becuase she dumped me 8p

Ohh MAN! - that's even worse! Got to see 'em, but not touch. Does it get any worse?

Wait - I can answer that. My wife has the pregnancy "booby fairy arrived" look right now. But - too tender to touch. I can feel your pain:friday: