PDA

View Full Version : Change seals Transmission

dchatagnon
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi,

I'm changing all the seals on my Velvet transmission for my P-Star 190 year 93.
I would like to know how to get access to the front seal. I have remove the 4 screws but now I'm stocked and I don't know what is the next step...
(see attached picture)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

D-

sfitzgerald351
04-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Isn't the seal just sitting there looking at us (hard to tell) at the shaft?

When I did mine I just unbolted the trannsmission from the motor, hooked a sharp pick into the seal and pulled it off. Then put a new seal on. Same process for the rear seal. Took all of 15 minutes and we didn't have to undo any screws.

I have an older Velvet drive 1:1

sfitzgerald351
04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Here's where it looks like the seal is to me... Maybe you can take a better photo a little from the side.

dchatagnon
04-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Ok. Now I understand. Thanks for your help.

D-

dchatagnon
04-08-2005, 04:46 PM
I have changed the front seal and it's all good. But now, I would like to change the rear one. But the problem is how to remove the bolt. I tried and nothing to do.
What do you suggest?
Thanks for your help.

D-

sfitzgerald351
04-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Can you take a picture? Not sure what bolt you're talking about...

dchatagnon
04-09-2005, 05:07 PM
The biggest one in the middle. I think it is a 1" 1/2. I will take a picture tomorrow.
Again, thanks for your help.

dchatagnon
04-10-2005, 03:21 AM
In fact it's to remove the coupling nut. I have no idea how to remove it. I tried several times but nothing to do. How do you block the rotation of the system when you unbolt?

Thanks.

Nova Scotia Skier
04-10-2005, 07:28 AM
In fact it's to remove the coupling nut. I have no idea how to remove it. I tried several times but nothing to do. How do you block the rotation of the system when you unbolt?

Thanks.
I changed mine, but it's a powerslot transmission. Not sure if they are the same, but they should be. I had to hold the flange with a big pipe wrench, and I used a 3/4 drive ratchet on the nut. It took 2 people. AND IT IS TIGHT! REAL TIGHT! So be prepared.
I hope this helps:)