PDA

View Full Version : optional storage box in 1990 MS240

MS240
05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
The box in above Title is located on starboard side next to motor cover in my 1990 maristar 240. It's an original factory accessory. The black curved plexiglass cover on front of box is broken in half. It's secured to the box by two fancy hinges and screws. Anybody have a replacement and/or source I can buy? Also, I need original black plexiglass backings for some of the dashboard gauges. Thanks. Walt M.

Matt L.
05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Welcome fellow 240 owner! Open bow or SC???

There is a pretty loyal 240 owners crowd here, but parts are virtually non-existent. Try your local MC dealer, there is a slight chance MC has one sitting in a warehouse back in TN. You might be better off finding an acrylic fabrication shop or someone who builds custom acrylic aquariums that can match the smoke color (I assume it is the same color of my cuddy door) and then shape it as needed.

Post some pics of your ride and the box!!!

Matt

MS240
07-24-2008, 11:05 PM
THanks Matt. MC corp HQs and dealers don't have the cover. Local fabricator wants $250 to make one. Still seeking assistance from our 240 group but looks like a winter project. Pictures to come. Do you have a 240? Of course you do.

rholmes
07-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Have you looked into making one yourself? Since you have the original, you could draw a template, and heat the area that needs the curve with a torch and then bend it around a 2-3in pipe. That would be a pretty involved project.

TMCNo1
07-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Check out the yellow pages for Lexan, Plexiglass, Plastics dealers in your area. If they can't make you a new one they will know someone who can.