PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Model MCX Exhaust System Issues

Engine Nut
05-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Indmar has issued a service bulletin to the MasterCraft dealers asking them to inspect the exhaust elbows on a group of 2008 model MasterCraft MCX engines starting with engine serial number 144278 and ending with serial number 146784. Some of the engines in this group may have been built with exhaust elbows that have restricted water passages that will not allow sufficient water flow to cool the exhaust hoses adequately. This is issue didn't show up at our end of line test at Indmar or at MasterCraft's lake test because the engines are not run long enough or under the right conditions to have the problem occur.

Inspection is simple. We have provided a measuring tool to the dealers to allow them to remove the exhaust hose and measure the gap between the inner and outer wall of the exhaust elbow. If the gap is too small, they are to replace the elbow. The whole process is pretty simple. If you have an engine in this group and already have some hours on it without experiencing a problem, your exhaust elbows are probably just fine. Most of the failures we have seen have occurred in the first 10 hours of operation.

Indmar is very sorry about this situation. We are dedicated to provide our our customers withthe best products possible. Unfortunately when you are on the leading edge of technology, unexpected problems occur.

Larry Engelbert
Director of Customer Service
Indmar Marine Engines

JohnE
05-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go check my serial number, but I haven't had any problems yet. I have abuout 14 hours on it.

ShamrockIV
05-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go check my serial number, but I haven't had any problems yet. I have abuout 14 hours on it.

yeah but 2 of those were last saturday night doing power slides at csm!!!!

TMCNo1
05-10-2008, 03:18 PM
yeah but 2 of those were last saturday night doing power slides at csm!!!!

In the freakin' dark!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TheOneandOnly
05-10-2008, 03:28 PM
We just got ours updated hopefully this takes care of the issue...

utahx2
05-31-2008, 10:19 PM
This exhast system issue showed up in our X2 at 4 hours. It looks like it got so hot that it burned through an exhaust hose, creating a leak. Could the overheated exhaust hose have caused additional problems to other components?

thanks!

JohnE
06-29-2008, 04:59 PM
So I have serial # 146942 which is not within the range of numbers given and have just developed the problem. 40+ hours and it just happened......

mbtka
07-29-2008, 11:40 PM
We just the same problem on our 08 x2 at 33.9 hours. Called the dealer and they are checking on the recall. Anyone have any more problems with this issue. Also, has anyone had any damage to their engines because of this. I noticed a loss of power when it happened.