PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! HELP!! No ignition power on 07 X2.

Gozar
05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I just got the boat back last night from MC service fixing some warranty cosmetic issues.

Rewind: Last October they did the 100 hour and then winterized it. They said all I had to do is charge the batteries and then turn on the battery switch and it would be ready to go.

I charged the batteries and then went to tap the ignition to see if the motor would turn over and nothing. No gauge readings (spin up), nothing. It is like the ECM has no power.

Lights work, blower works, in fact, all accessories minus the stereo.

I checked that the ground to the block and the hot side to the starter are on. I checked all the obvious connectors to see if anything was laying around.

HALP!

All the Mrs. wanted for Mom's Day was to wakeboard. :(

brucemac
05-10-2008, 01:26 PM
sorry, i have to ask, but how about lanyard?

vision
05-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Check the safety kill switch next to your driver's seat. To be safe, I would remove the kill switch dongle and then reinsert it. If it is not seated all the way, you will have power to just about everything but the motor will not crank and you will have no gauges.

Gozar
05-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Lanyard has been checked, double checked and triple checked.

Memory serves, you do get gauges without the lanyard and the motor will crank. It just won't run. The reason I know this is that I had one go bad on this same boat. It stranded me in the middle of Folsom lake.

H20BOY
05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Do you have 2 batteries? If you do, check the selection switch. (Battery 1 , 2. or both)