PDA

View Full Version : Another Stud Issue: 1999 205V SA trailer

deployedjosh
05-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Rich G or TMC No 1 should have the info I am needing.

I have a 99 205V SA trailer with disc brakes. A couple of studs broke off and I'm having a bear of a time getting the broken bolts out. They are the Moroso 46200 screw in type. I bought a 3/8" allen head ratchet socket, but the flange that the brakes bolt to behind the rotor gets in the way of getting the allen wrench into the hole. Do I need to remove the rotor from the spindle? If so, how do I get the bearing buddy off? There isn't a snap ring as far as I can tell. The pictures from Rich G's similar post are exactly the same as what I'm dealing with. Any help?

Thanks in advance!
Josh

TMCNo1
05-12-2008, 08:56 PM
You should be able to access the stud from the front of the axle forward of the caliper. If you must take the hub/rotor assy. off, take the wheel/tire off and hit the side of the Bearing Buddy with a rubber hammer and rotate the hub and hit the other side till it works it's way out. To put it back on use a soft piece of pine 2X4 across the face of the BB and squarely hit the wood to drive it back on, may take several strong hits to seat it, Also, go ahead and fill 1/2 of the BB with new wheel bearing grease before installing, then top it off with grease when done.