PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Vest

Chief
05-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Any good suggestions on new vest?

I seem to have lost mine during CSM (I forgot it at mikes house) , "Mike it's the gray one with Liquid Force on the back".

Good reason to find one that's less restrictive but I don't want to go buy four or five to see which one works best.

So any ideas would be great.

ShamrockIV
05-08-2008, 07:36 AM
chief when u make master chief you will not need a vest!!! can't they walk on water????

u looking for a cga one our compvest!!!

Chief
05-08-2008, 08:30 AM
chief when u make master chief you will not need a vest!!! can't they walk on water????

u looking for a cga one our compvest!!!
No Master Chiefs can't walk on water, they just stand on the backs of Chiefs.Yepper on the CGA since in the good old state of FL they will stop you and check your jacket and then give you a good stiffie of a ticket.

firstmc
05-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Helium SWAT vest- the coast guard approved one

hester
05-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Just got Shane Bonifay's new one by Jet Pilot and it's a really nice fit. Also, USCG approved.

http://catalog.jetpilot.com/product.html?catID=47&prodID=277

ShamrockIV
05-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Just got Shane Bonifay's new one by Jet Pilot and it's a really nice fit. Also, USCG approved.

http://catalog.jetpilot.com/product.html?catID=47&prodID=277

dude chief is a pimp but not that pimp!!!!

hester
05-08-2008, 09:30 AM

I'm not that pimp either but it's super comfortable. The boaters world in SC had a bunch of good vest and this one fit me the best. The trick is finding a shop that has a lot to try.

wakeX2wake
05-08-2008, 09:35 AM
if you don't care about approved get the O'Neill padded gooru vest... love mine... it actually floats a little and it feels like you're wearing nothing... no zippers or buckles to deal w/ either just a slip on... comes in other colors too

ttu
05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
i've got this one. bought it at wakeside. something like $80.00

really nice and it's cga approved

coz
05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Any good suggestions on new vest?

I seem to have lost mine during CSM (I forgot it at mikes house) , "Mike it's the gray one with Liquid Force on the back".

Good reason to find one that's less restrictive but I don't want to go buy four or five to see which one works best.

So any ideas would be great.

Click here for suggestions http://www.liquidforce.com/vests_mens.htm :D

Chief
05-08-2008, 10:18 AM

Hey I can be that pimp...............

wakeX2wake
05-08-2008, 10:20 AM
the length of the jacket is always an issue for me... i'm 6'3'' and i hate the ones that are short... make me feel like i'm wearing a belly shirt

Doug G
05-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Chief has more of a "width" concern with his ;)

Chief
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM

What ya saying Chief?

Doug G
05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh nothing ... just that your not that tall ...:D

KnoxX2
05-08-2008, 01:01 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Chief
05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm big boned.

KnoxX2
05-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Is that what you tell all the girls too............:rolleyes: 8p

Chief
05-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Is that what you tell all the girls too............:rolleyes: 8p

Get back to work! See, the site is back up and production is at a stand still. Of course that's what I tell them. :D

ShamrockIV
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
chief tell knox to shut his skinny mouth up!!!! lol

i still say u can't pull off that pimp vest!!!!

man u need the one that looks like a tux shirt!!!!

vision
05-08-2008, 02:42 PM
i've got this one. bought it at wakeside. something like $80.00

really nice and it's cga approved

I have the same vest. Love it. But buy a size larger than normal. They run small.

hester
05-08-2008, 02:46 PM
man u need the one that looks like a tux shirt!!!!

http://www.heliumwake.com/dyn_prod.php?p=5759TUX&k=86575

ShamrockIV
05-08-2008, 02:49 PM

chief man that is you right there!!!!

Chief
05-08-2008, 02:50 PM
chief man that is you right there!!!!

Now your a man of taste Sham! I'm ordering right now!

ShamrockIV
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Now your a man of taste Sham! I'm ordering right now!

you need to man that is P.I.M.P.!!!!!

better tell your gurks to get back on the street and make daddy some money cause u will def be the man in that!!!!!!!!!

you coming to our bash??? i got to see u board in that!!!

Chief
05-08-2008, 03:17 PM
you need to man that is P.I.M.P.!!!!!

better tell your gurks to get back on the street and make daddy some money cause u will def be the man in that!!!!!!!!!

you coming to our bash??? i got to see u board in that!!!

How far is your clan meeting from Jax? I may plan a late summer vacation and drag the wife and bring the boat up.

My boat is still pouting over not going to CSM, hopefully I can get her some love this weekend.

JBaker
05-08-2008, 03:56 PM

Ballin'. Too bad that thing only comes in small or medium.

RexDog1
05-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I like this vest JMHO:rolleyes:
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=12904&cID=SHOPZ_12904 (http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=12904&cID=SHOPZ_12904)

Helium combines cutting edge style with state-of-the-art materials for improved enjoyment and performance on the water. Soft, buoyant, and functional, this side-entry vest with side zip delivers a great fit. Flotation design provides easy twists and tucks, while extra arm hole space enhances mobility during a slalom reach or wakeboard grab

:cool:

ShamrockIV
05-08-2008, 04:07 PM
550 miles chief from jacksonville to our lake! man come on we got plenty of boats!!!

Chief
05-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Ballin'. Too bad that thing only comes in small or medium.

I could have alittle "muffin top" in reverse.

ShamrockIV
05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I could have alittle "muffin top" in reverse.

dang chief i could have went all week without that visual!!!!

Chief
05-08-2008, 05:10 PM
dang chief i could have went all week without that visual!!!!

Me too, thats why the "muffin top" is going bye bye. Dumping my winter pelt.

Blair
05-09-2008, 12:26 AM
have used this vest for two years now... i am going to have a hard time using anything else...

huge arm holes, fairly thin, excellent mobility and floats great... (one of the better non CCGA vets and ive used my share of em.

Rip Curl Stealth

http://www.wakeboardsandwatertoys.com/uploads/dy/4M/dy4MJumoqYFVlTSr4wLgDA/Stealth-Khaki.gif

Jerseydave
05-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I have the O'neil "Law" and the Jetpilot "Core", both CGA. I like the Jetpilot core the best, very light and thin but floats me just fine.

ShamrockIV
05-10-2008, 01:34 PM
looks like i got a jetpilot core coming in the mail!!!

knox found me one on clearance!!

he did not get one all they had were grown men sizes!! lol

Chief
06-13-2008, 04:56 AM
Finally made a decision on a vest. I bought it from buywake.com . Took two days to get and I'm headed to the water today!

Knox's_Better_half
06-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Nice Vest Chief!

Let us know what you think of it?

TX.X-30 fan
06-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Finally made a decision on a vest. I bought it from buywake.com . Took two days to get and I'm headed to the water today!

Better add a pair of arm floaties. 8p

Chief
06-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Better add a pair of arm floaties. 8p

Tried out the vest, yes not the most floatable vest. The trick is too not fall. :D It was suppose to be Khaki but is more like army green. It fits too loose since I've dropped some weight and I guess I'm going to have to buy another (Large) since I hate that thing floating up around my face when I'm in the water. Hopefully buywake.com has a liberal return policy since it's now used. Only once, but nevertheless used. To be continued...................

KnoxX2
06-14-2008, 08:10 AM
That sucks!!!!

Sell it on E-bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeuRider
07-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't do any hardcore competitions but I want a vest thats thin and light. Should I get a non cga vest or is it not worth it?

Thanks

wakeX2wake
07-10-2008, 05:11 PM
the difference between most approved and non-approved jackets are that with out a board on an approved jacket will float you face up... you crash on a wakeboard and you're knocked out you're going to float which ever way the board is in the water... regardelss

had several convorsations on this with friends... a buddy of mine that's workin' for darin shapiro's camp this summer said they pulled a kid out who was unconscious floating face down with the board and a helmet on after a failed raley attempt... he was wearing an approved jacket

totally more comfy and can move more in a sleek comp vest...

i'm all about my oneill gooru jacket... i think i'm about to order two before they change them next yr and mess up a good thing... best jacket i've ever had... buddy has the jd webb hyperlite... it doesn't float... he's constantly fighting to keep his head above water with the board on waiting on the line to get tight... the ronix jackets float a little better than the webb but my gooru floats well enough and its comfy

but i'll say this also... what size parachute you choose to jump with is your own business

JohnE
07-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I'd been using my Connelly neoprene approved vest since late last summer, trying to play things "safe". Last week I went back to my Outlaw. I think the outlaw gives me better floatation. I think it's because it fits nice an tight. (Not too tight...) Where my Connellys float up and I sort of sink into it I really feel better in the Outlaw.

Cloaked
07-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I'd been using my Connelly neoprene approved vest since late last summer, trying to play things "safe". Last week I went back to my Outlaw. I think the outlaw gives me better floatation. I think it's because it fits nice an tight. (Not too tight...) Where my Connellys float up and I sort of sink into it I really feel better in the Outlaw.I use a 4-buckle vest for this reason. That holds the vest securely in place. The other (cheesy) wake vests are zipped and 2-buckle... It floats everywhere....That's worse than dirty, crusty underwear ridding up in the crack.... it just doesn't belong there.

I like Connelly's 4-buckle vest for about every event.

Chief
07-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Tried out the vest, yes not the most floatable vest. The trick is too not fall. :D It was suppose to be Khaki but is more like army green. It fits too loose since I've dropped some weight and I guess I'm going to have to buy another (Large) since I hate that thing floating up around my face when I'm in the water. Hopefully buywake.com has a liberal return policy since it's now used. Only once, but nevertheless used. To be continued...................

Buywake.com took the vest back and sent me a large. Not the most float out there, but free movement and light weight.

JohnE
07-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I use a 4-buckle vest for this reason. That holds the vest securely in place. The other (cheesy) wake vests are zipped and 2-buckle... It floats everywhere....That's worse than dirty, crusty underwear ridding up in the crack.... it just doesn't belong there.

I like Connelly's 4-buckle vest for about every event.

Interesting analogy....:D

I'll stick to my Outlaw.................:D

JohnE
07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Buywake.com took the vest back and sent me a large. Not the most float out there, but free movement and light weight.

"Large", eh?? That alone is enough to make me want to come to FLA to see for myself......:D We're all friends here, you can admit to an XL!:cool: