PDA

View Full Version : Need Tower Speaker Replacements 04 x-star

MichaelsPSP
05-07-2008, 11:20 PM
My 2 tower speakers on my 04 x-star are shot. MC said they no longer carry 6.5" replacements, they only have the new 7". does anyone know where i can get speakers that will fit inside the housings? thanks
michael

H20BOY
05-08-2008, 12:06 AM
I would think any 6.5" component would work, check with local audio shop. But I am not sure.

Jerseydave
05-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Check with JL speakers.................that's what my '05 X-star has and they sound so much better than my Clarions in my '03. I've heard POLK speakers sound nice also.

My buddy just installed 2 sets of Wetsounds on his X-1 (he had no tower speakers before) Man do they sound great at riding distance! The music really projects well from those. (caution, pricey)

BTW, we're in NJ on the Delaware river @ Bordentown. I see you on Greenwood Lake. Make sure you bring that boat down for NJ Wakefest on June 14th.

www.njwakefest.com

-Dave W

alemond
05-08-2008, 11:14 PM
i have a pair of fusion doubles brand new for sale in the marketplace

MichaelsPSP
05-08-2008, 11:26 PM
thanks NJskier. i have been talking to Craig at SOS about wakefest. i will see him next week when picking up my Hyperlite Marek. i will get more info from him. i would love to bring my x-star

prostar205
05-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I replaced my stock Clarion 6.5" component speakers with the Polk MMC6500s and used the stock MC OEM 2004 cans.

Ole Miss Rebels
05-09-2008, 08:53 AM
i believe Bullett makes 6.5 hlcd speakers. if i am correct they would be about as good as you can get as they will carry further to the rider than regular drivers. go to wakeworld under wakeboarding discussion or boats discussion and look for ben(soundbox). either he or jaime at Bullett can tell you if they have the exact size for your cans. if they do they don't cost anymore than JL and are far superior for tower application. good luck and let us know what you find. btw, i am going to add 7.7" Bullett speakers to my Mastercraft/Gere Marie (OEM) cans. i am going to keep my original cans on my 08 xstar because the cans are the best looking cans on the market, however i will replace the JL speakers in them. best of both worlds.

Jerseydave
05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
i believe Bullett makes 6.5 hlcd speakers. if i am correct they would be about as good as you can get as they will carry further to the rider than regular drivers. go to wakeworld under wakeboarding discussion or boats discussion and look for ben(soundbox). either he or jaime at Bullett can tell you if they have the exact size for your cans. if they do they don't cost anymore than JL and are far superior for tower application. good luck and let us know what you find. btw, i am going to add 7.7" Bullett speakers to my Mastercraft/Gere Marie (OEM) cans. i am going to keep my original cans on my 08 xstar because the cans are the best looking cans on the market, however i will replace the JL speakers in them. best of both worlds.

Let me know how you like those Bullett speakers..................that may be a future project for me as I love the look of the stock cans on my '05 x-star.

Jerseydave
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
thanks NJskier. i have been talking to Craig at SOS about wakefest. i will see him next week when picking up my Hyperlite Marek. i will get more info from him. i would love to bring my x-star

We'll most likely be riding next weekend.............swing by for a pull after your SOS stop.

MichaelsPSP
05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
www.monstertower.com sells 6.5" wetsounds speakers. i ordered them before i saw the post about bullett. i will keep eveyone posted as to how they work.

Jerseydave
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
A friend of mine has (2) sets of wetsounds 485's on his X-1. When riding behind it the speakers sound great!