PDA

View Full Version : Battery size for 205

Ski-me
05-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Just got confirmation our 94' 205 will be picked up on Friday and delivered to our house on Saturday. My wife thought it might be a nice mother's day if we took the boat out on it's first voyage on Sunday. I do recall during the mechanical evaluation that I may need a new battery shortly. I think it would be best to get one now before launching it on Sunday.

Any idea what size, both physical and CC amperage that I would need for the 94' 205 with the LT1 engine? I assume marine, deep cycle. Optima Blue or Yellow top? The only stereo equipment that will be added would, at most, be a 4 channel amp and 4 speakers. No subwoofer.

Thanks!

peason
05-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I have a optima blue top in my 209 with the predator 310 hp with amp and 6 speakers and it does fine.

brucemac
05-09-2008, 11:56 PM
hey, i was going to do a new battery as well before our summer road trips. is a blue top a good way to go or should we do something different? i'll have a single battery until next year. 03 x-2 mcx. thanks in advance.

i had a couple blue tops in my last boat and the held up good while i owned them for 2 years. just looking for advice from other mc owners.

thanks in advance

BIGBADBLUE
05-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Just put in mine tonight ... go for a blue top ... they are very good ... a little pricey but good ... I have a 94 205 as well and it fits great