PDA

View Full Version : Tips on setting Stargazer baselines?

jkski
05-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Took the new boat out the other night with Stargazer and could not get the baselines set. I did as the manual instructed however it never registered the correct speed. I played around with the speed adjust and still nothing.

Any tips, I am open to all??????

east tx skier
05-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Do you know what your baselines were before? If so, just manually enter them. Either way, you have to set baselines in cal mode. If you don't have them, run a pass, then, menu over to the arrow, ^, then quick calibrate.

jkski
05-06-2008, 01:24 PM
I made several runs through and the thought I had done that, but the readout continues to say 31mph when I am actually running 34 times.
Is there a way to clear it out and start over?

captain planet
05-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Couldn't JB help you with this?

jkski
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
YEP, he could and that will probably be a call I make from the boat later this evening as I am pulling my hair out trying to get it set!!!
(That is if he can recall how to do it given his advanced age!!!)

captain planet
05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
YEP, he could and that will probably be a call I make from the boat later this evening as I am pulling my hair out trying to get it set!!!
(That is if he can recall how to do it given his advanced age!!!)
Wow, the poor OLD guy isn't even here to defent himself. tsk, tsk. :D

ncsone
05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Not sure about SG, but the other PP versions have a full reset option. With the key off, you press the On/Off key AND the menu key down and turn the key to 'on'. Continue to hold until the menu option says 'reset y?' or something to that effect.

jkski
05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, the poor OLD guy isn't even here to defent himself. tsk, tsk. :D

He'd have to know how to turn a computer on to even begin to defend himself and since that won't happen...I think I am safe!!!

east tx skier
05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
JSKI, is it actually saving your settings? Before you do the system reset, go to cal mode, menu over ot the little arrow, then press V. Menu over to the baseline for whatever speed is there and change it to something you can remember. Wait a few seconds, then turn the key off. Count to five, then turn the key back on and check the baseline. Is it where you left it?

I had some issues with the recent update and data saves. It is fixed now.

BuoyChaser
07-03-2008, 04:57 PM
JKSKI - Thanks for your help with "prepping" for the SG install tonight, can't wait!!! Hopefully with your tips and others I have been reading, should be a "10 minute" install as they say?!? I'll let everyone know how many "BEER" install it took and try to post some pics. To me, they are worth 1,000,000,000,000 words.