PDA

View Full Version : Lake Anna, VA

MCDriven
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Any Lake Anna folks out there? We have a house on the warm side (Elk Creek). Just got a new 2008 X2. Have my 2006 X9 - pretty loaded and like new with only 70 hours - for sale if anyone's interested. Red/white/red - probably seen it if you've been on the warm side. Picture below. Need to sell since I have 2 & you can only drive one at a time.

The season is here - see you on the lake.

Jerseydave
05-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I've only been on Anna twice, both times on the cold side but it was real nice! I need to get down there again soon.

I heard the warm (private) side is awesome, with water temps in the 70's in march! Def a nice place to extend your season.

MCDriven
05-06-2008, 09:25 AM
The myths are true. Upper 70's water temps when we were there mid-April. Get's a little too hot in the summer though, but you can deal with that.

ProTour X9
05-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Nice color combo! hehe

MCDriven
05-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Sweet - it's spot on. Looks like you stole my boat and put new numbers on it. I love the red fiberglass deck/interior - looks very cool with the red gauges.

Mine originally had a black X9 on the side. My dealer ordered it for himself and was trying to make it look like an "X8" that was custom made for Dale Earnhardt Jr (it was an X9 with an X8 logo in this exact same color pattern). The black looked horrible because the black "streak" effect on black letters just looked like a smear. When we put the red X9 on there with the black streak, it looked like a different (and very cool) boat. So Earnhardt has (probably now "had") your boat if you're a NASCAR fan.

If anyone asks you if you want to sell, send them my way.

Lance
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I think I saw you putting the for sale sign on your boat at the end of last year's season. I will be sticking with my 87 Prostar for a few more years but who knows... maybe in a couple of years when the kids are a bit older I can buy your '08 ;)

We are in The Waters which I think is where I have seen your boat.

Not sure what the day will hold but am thinking I might put the boats in the water tomorrow to make sure things are lining up for Memorial day weekend. Our kids were in the 78 degree water last weekend and are ready for summer.

Lance

SteveM
05-09-2008, 11:31 PM
MCDriven - we ski on Elk Creek every weekend morning in the summer. It's grown a lot since we first started going to Lake Anna ~1996. There used to be two courses on Elk Creek before the recent (last year or two) development. We're right around the corner on Pond 2.

Warm side is great but 90+ H2O temps in the summer are on the hot side. Well worth it for the reduced traffic and extended season though.

We hope to be on the lake this weekend. Look forward to seeing you on the lake this summer (we'll be in a red `93 PS190).

Steve

MCDriven
05-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Lance & SteveM: See you both on the lake. Took our first wakeboarding runs a few weeks ago - upper 70's - nominal traffic. Make the high 90's in the summer worth bearing. The relatively low boat traffic definitely worth it. Seems like only Memorial and Labor Days and 4th of July weekend are close to unbearable traffic-wise.

I am in the Waters and was the guy who put a sign on the boat. I've fallen into the bad habit of getting a new one every year - it's my passion. Got a Blue/SilverFlake/White X2 this time. Have gotten more into wakeboarding. Sorry to hear I missed the slalom courses - probably would be sticking with the X9 if there was still something there to measure myself by.

We should be there next weekend (May 17). I'll be looking for those Prostars (and will probably be out there for a slalom run early).

Steve

Lance
05-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Steve and SteveM,

We have WF property on Lookout Terrace in the Waters and our house is at the entrance of The Waters on the right as your come in (gray house with red metal roof). Do either of you have kids? Ours are 7, 5, and almost 2 and I think a few "lake friends" for them would be good.

Stop by for a beer sometime either way.
Lance

MCDriven
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Lance: Seen you and the kids in the yard many times - nice place. We are on Hemlock Loop on the water (first left after your house and then first left after that - only house on the water at this point - 2nd on left - tan with stone accents). I have a son who will be 14 in 9 days and a 7 year old daughter who will be 8 this July. Some lake friends for them would be great.

Let's definitely catch up. I keep my dedicated "beer fridge" stocked as well, so stop by.

Steve

SteveM
05-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Steve / Lance,

We’ve never driven (car) into the Waters subdivision only seen it from the lake; definitely some nice homes.

I de-winterized the boat this past weekend and was very glad to see the water level back to normal. My son (14 - also have a daughter 10) and I actually rode down your way, but it was raining so we didn’t do much more than a quick boat ride then headed back to the lift.

Weather permitting we’ll be there next weekend (5/17) for the first slalom run of the year.

Look forward to meeting you both and having a beer this summer.

Steve

mayo93prostar
05-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I went to Lake Anna once last summer in public side. it was a little warm. it is about 2 hour drive from house but good to be in fresh water instead of brackish. I hope to get out there more this summer. If you know of some good, reasonable rental properties on private side to dock boat for a week, send me a PM.

MCDriven
05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Steve M & Lance: See you at the lake this weekend - sounds we have kids around the same age.

Mayo: I owe njskier some info on where to stay & will try to send both of you an article from a little advertizing mag called Lake Anna Connections on rental homes. I think a couple of the marinas (such as LAke Anna Marina) have small motels associated with them - not very developed in that regard down there (which is a good thing from the standpoint of a property owner).