PDA

View Full Version : 05 tower brace???

boo4381
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I know on the new 07 and 08 x-stars you can install a brace for the tower that really helps with the tower shaking and i think it adds to the tower apperance. but I have a 05 and have been told they wont fit my tower. has anyone tried to retro-fit one of these braces to their older tower? Or is it impossible? because my friend just put one on his new x-star and the difference is amazing.

wakeX2wake
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
how bad does your tower shake?.... i would think w/ the old design the tower shaking wouldn't be b/c of the lack of braces (which is more or less a design flaw in the new ones) but b/c of some other underlying issues w/ the tower

boo4381
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
it shakes like the 07 and 08's do without the brace. it's not that bad but enough to bother me when going through chop.

wakeX2wake
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
man i'd have to think there was something else going on... the shaking problem should be a problem inherent to the new designs not so much the old one

Tom Jones
08-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Did you ever get this resolved?
My 05 tower shakes when going over chop also
I know it isn't as bad as the 07 problem but there is some movement in it.
I believe it is normal.
I just slow down when going back over my own wake.

Jerseydave
08-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Make sure your front tower leg bolts are tight, as well as the large knobs used for folding the tower.

Mine shakes a bit too, the weak point seems to be on the front tower legs where the "hinge" joint is. I wish there was an extra clamp/bracket at that point that could be tightened since I never fold my tower anyway.

I also saw somewhere that the tower mounting gaskets can be replaced with some that are thicker and not as soft. Not sure if that would help though.