PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Help

tolswindell
05-05-2008, 02:00 PM
I have an 08 X Star and am adding extra ballast to it. I am having problems getting the shutoff timer on the pumps to pump long enough to fill all stock tanks plut the extra ones without cutting off every 10 seconds after the initial fill. I was told to disconnect the battery and ten disconnect the smart box from the pumps and then go through a routine with the toggle switches to add time to it. I cannot find the smart box though. I looked behind the dash on the driver side and inside the panel where the throttle is and didn't see antything. I am also not really sure what it looks like. If anyone could help me get this resolved, I would greatly appreciate it.

tolswindell
View Public Profile
Send a private message to tolswindell
Send email to tolswindell
Find all posts by tolswindell

SteveO
05-05-2008, 03:11 PM
You can use your pergo switch to cut the power off, wait for 30 seconds or so and turn the pergo back on. I disconnect the pump I was reprograming directly at the pump and followed the reprograming instructions. Worked like a champ for me.

wakeX2wake
05-05-2008, 03:13 PM
where can one find the reprogramming instructions... i'm planning on finishing my upgrade soon and apparently these times are going to be an issue

SteveO
05-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Try this thread

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/548242.html?1203641167

skeeler
05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Or you can do this...no timers. :D

wakeX2wake
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
isn't there a schematic on here for that set-up?... it looks intense but i'm sure it's really do-able... mine is an '07 same schematic?

skeeler
05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
isn't there a schematic on here for that set-up?... it looks intense but i'm sure it's really do-able... mine is an '07 same schematic?
It should be the same. Confirm with is layout. It really is not that complicated, just a tight spot, so it is packed in there.

SteveO
05-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Skeeler,

Didn't you have the 20 min timers? I do like your idea of the by pass. If you have your 20's you should post them in the market place. I'm sure someone would buy them. As a side note, turning the pergo to off when in storage, does NOT reset the timers to the factory default.

skeeler
05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Skeeler,

Didn't you have the 20 min timers? I do like your idea of the by pass. If you have your 20's you should post them in the market place. I'm sure someone would buy them. As a side note, turning the pergo to off when in storage, does NOT reset the timers to the factory default.
I should, right now they are laying in the bottom of my rolling toolbox. :D

tolswindell
05-06-2008, 09:12 AM
What and where is the Pergo switch. I like the idea of bypassing it all together. Of these two options, shich is easier? If you turn the Pergo switch off, will you have to reprogram it each time?

SteveO
05-06-2008, 11:59 PM
The perko switch should be near the batteries. If you have the 20 minute timers, I would program them to the time you need. The ballast switches do NOT reset if you disconnect the battery or turn the perko switch to off. If you do not have the 20 minute timers, I would switch my perko to off for 30 seconds or so and back on and it gave me another 6 minutes before I put the new timers in.