View Full Version : None of my Gauges work HELP

05-04-2008, 07:05 PM
I picked up a 01 Xstar about 1 month ago. I water tested the boat and all was well. I was told the speedo was off and they would mail me a new module. After having the boat in the driveway for a week or two I went to start to get things ready for it's first run. It had a dead battery and I expected that, but weird things were going on with the gauges. I took a vid of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvaEGH33_U4 . I got a new battery and was cleaning the boat and noticed the gauges were not kicking up with the key turned one click. I hooked up a hose and still nothing on the gauges.I traced the wires to the gauges thinking I had a common opened. What I found was 4 wires on each gauge paralleled to every other gauge. It looked like three of those four wires went to that module (yellow, Black with a yellow stripe, red with a white stripe)the blue looked like a ground connected to the left speedo switch . I changed the module Medallion MDC-1699 the sticker says 6607-20009-01 f on the original the one I put in is 6607-20009-01 H. Now I noticed with the engine running I get my RPM. That leads me to believe that the wiring to the gauges themselves is not the problem. How do these gauges even work without a separate signal wire to each gauge? The gauges that are out fuel,oil pressure,engine temp, and volt. I don't know about the speedo yet. The dealer is a 5 hour drive so I think it will be cheaper to look at it myself. I'll call him tomorrow to see what he wants me to do. Thanks for any help you can give...

05-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I just stumbled across this thread, might be of some help

Hopefully lassy or JimN will see this thread and add something.

05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
check your safety lanyard my 02 reuires a dime behind prong to keep it engaged