PDA

View Full Version : '06 X2 Bilge

chestech
05-04-2008, 12:17 PM
First time Mastercraft owner question:

After full day of cruising & riding (ballast, etc) what is a reasonable amount of water to take in? Bilge working fine as it pumps automatically but still looks like a lot when I pull the plugs at end of day.

vision
05-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Depending on much water you do or do not take over the bow on your turn arounds, you can easily have 5 to 10 gallons of water in the bilge. One good wave coming over the bow in a heavily ballasted boat can take on 10 to 20 gallons. A steady stream after you pull the plug for 30 to 40 seconds is normal. If you are concerned, run at 5 mph and open the engine compartment and look for water accumulating. Besides a small amount that you may have started with, there should be no observable water accumulation.

ElGouna
05-04-2008, 01:22 PM
There should be no water in the bilge other than the water you clean your boat with. We had water coming through the rudder housing. Check if the seal is ok and if there is enough grease in the rudder housing.

dapicatti
05-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Depending on the day we either had very little or the amount of water you were describing on our 06 X-2, seems like if we had lots of boarding going on we had more water.

Chief
05-04-2008, 07:16 PM
There should be very little to none. The shaft does not leak the old ones, the cooling comes from the raw water pump. The only water in the boat barring any nose dives should be from what you drip into it coming in and out of the water. Check all of your ballast connections and rudder shaft.

The only time I have ever had the bildge pump come on is when my port ballast tank cracked and dumped all the water.

Good luck

ShamrockIV
05-04-2008, 07:48 PM
nose dives????

chief were u watching me this weekend????
always fun learning new boats tricks!!!

also chief u need to change ur signature to add apple pie in there!!!

coz
05-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Depending on much water you do or do not take over the bow on your turn arounds, you can easily have 5 to 10 gallons of water in the bilge.

If I look in my bilge and see 5-10 gallons of water :confused: I'm B-Lining to the dock as fast as I can because I'm sinking :D

vision
05-04-2008, 08:59 PM
If I look in my bilge and see 5-10 gallons of water :confused: I'm B-Lining to the dock as fast as I can because I'm sinking :D

If I look in my bilge and do not see 5 to 10 gallons by the end of the day, then we have not been playing hard enough. ;)

chestech
05-04-2008, 09:43 PM
thanks, sounds like i am somewhere in between good and not going hard enough!

c640947
05-06-2008, 07:30 PM
hmm. i end up with a couple of gallons in mine by the end of the day. i think i have a drip leak near the rudder. but it has done that ever since i remember and has never seemed to be a problem.

i am tired of taking it to the dealer for things. :-(