PDA

View Full Version : Spring Maintenance

MCX2RYD
05-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Wanted to know what you guys do every year to your trailers to get them ready for the season. Just pulled mine out of the driveway and it was squeaking a little. It is an 06 and haven't really thought of doing anything to it as it being fairly new. But it is probably time. Well I have changed all the oil bath hubs!

WTRSK1R
05-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Check the tire pressure. Check the brake fluid level. Retorque the lug nuts. Check the oil hub level, or regrease hubs depending on the age of the trailer.

Thats about it for me.

FrankSchwab
05-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Well, I pulled it into the garage to check the pressure and top off the Bearing buddies (as well as get the boat ready)...
And noticed grease on the starboard wheel. Pulled the wheel, and noticed...
water in the bearings, and grease everywhere inside the hub. $110 and two complete new backing plates, and 1 set of bearings, races and seals later I bolted the wheels back on. Went to bleed the brakes, and noticed that the master cylinder was empty. Filled it up, and noticed...
that it wasn't pumping any fluid. Being as the shock had gone a couple years ago, and the UFP actuator was showing wear, I ordered a new actuator inner member (complete with master cylinder, shock, new sliders, etc). And, just for the hell of it, replaced the brake lines.

That's what I did with my spring trailer tuneup. A bit more involved than last years...

/frank