PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speakers

TexasMC230
05-02-2008, 08:01 PM
I am looking for aftermarket tower speakers any suggestions or ideas. Looking for all aluminum that is my only stipulation.

prostar190jap
05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I have some Liquid Audo Sound Dlbs with Pioneer speakers. They work and sound great!

http://www.liquidaudiosounds.com/

duckguy
05-02-2008, 08:09 PM
They are not aluminum but my new Wetsound pro 80's are by far the best tower speaker that I have ever heard.

H20BOY
05-03-2008, 12:08 AM
I love my Fuzion T-series Combos.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2008, 01:06 AM
They are not aluminum but my new Wetsound pro 80's are by far the best tower speaker that I have ever heard.

I have heard that, but why is that butt ugly boat in your avatar? 8p

TexasMC230
05-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Now a follow up question do i need to be careful about what speaker i get or will they pretty much all fit the Factory tower?

Aric'sX15
05-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey texasmc, where you at in the lone star?

alemond
05-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey texasmc, where you at in the lone star?
Lake Travis.... Austin TX

DBR
05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Just put a pair of Tsunami doubles on mine a couple of weeks ago. The rock pretty good. found on e-bay

SteveO
05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
I will be replacing my good looking, and reasonable sounding Fusions with some of the Bullet Hollow Points. http://www.bulletspeakers.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1 The Fusions are not a horn driver, so if you want something you can hear 70-85 back they are the wrong way to go. A horn driver like Bullet or WetSounds will sound better at 70 feet back and are a little more indestructible. I like the Bullets over the WetSounds for sound quality and they IMO look much better with the aluminum can vs the plastic- composite wetsound enclosure

alemond
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I have seen this in a few other threads but i wanted a few others opinions. Is it ok to put a non marine amp in my boat. My mastercraft dealership outspurces their speaker work to a local audio shop and they are recommending the Rockford Fosgate t400-2 over the JL e2150. They say I will appreciate the sound more but what is the disadvantage of it not being a marine amp?

JBaker
05-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I have seen this in a few other threads but i wanted a few others opinions. Is it ok to put a non marine amp in my boat. My mastercraft dealership outspurces their speaker work to a local audio shop and they are recommending the Rockford Fosgate t400-2 over the JL e2150. They say I will appreciate the sound more but what is the disadvantage of it not being a marine amp?

By no means am I advocating for the Fosgate, but depending on the application marine amps are not totally necessary. If you live in a particularly humid area or salty area, then I would strongly suggest marine amps. Also, the JL's e series, which have been discontinued, are not marine amps either. I would be surprised if a punch amp rated @ 100W a channel would be an audible improvement over the e series, which at comparable voltage is (I believe) 75W a channel.

JBaker
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM

I would at least call them the loudest. I'm not sure I'd be entering any sound quality competitions with horn loaded drivers. :D

SteveO
05-07-2008, 11:30 PM
I would at least call them the loudest. I'm not sure I'd be entering any sound quality competitions with horn loaded drivers. :D

My exact reason for choosing the Bullets over the Wetsounds. The Bullets are Horns, with better sound quality. If you don't go full volume, a normal driver will be fine, but is you really want to hear it at 70-85, horns are the only way to go. I have a blown 6 on 1 side and a slow dying 5 on the other. The fusions can not handle a constant wide open volume control. For reference, I have a JL 300/2 and have the cross over taking out most of the low end.

JBaker
05-08-2008, 03:51 AM
My exact reason for choosing the Bullets over the Wetsounds. The Bullets are Horns, with better sound quality. If you don't go full volume, a normal driver will be fine, but is you really want to hear it at 70-85, horns are the only way to go. I have a blown 6 on 1 side and a slow dying 5 on the other. The fusions can not handle a constant wide open volume control. For reference, I have a JL 300/2 and have the cross over taking out most of the low end.

I cannot directly comment on the Bullets, as I have never heard them. However, HLCDs (horns) are not a new technology, and I am somewhat skeptical that anyone suddenly resolved SQ related issues. I find it very interesting that horns are making a comeback in the marine audio niche. I have yet to hear one that sounds as good as any even relatively high-end set of components, although Image Dynamics were close.

There is no denying that horns are incredibly efficient and will therefor go louder with equivalent power. They are a staple in sound reinforcement. And I suppose if you are 75' behind the boat, sound quality is already compromised by almost comical amounts of ambient noise, so why not go with the horns?

I'm sure this is a touchy subject, but does anyone else feel like hanging PA systems from our towers brings a bad name to the sport? I suppose it depends on the environment where you ride, but for me it is generally areas where there are other boaters and frequently homes lining the shores.

alemond
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
If anyone is interested I have a pair of brand new fusion t series combos tower speakers retail $1200 selling for $800 all chrome

http://www.fusionsports.com/gear_speakers.php

TX.X-30 fan
05-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Lake Travis.... Austin TX

Same here, where do you hang out/ride?

Headed for 90's we will be on the water all weekend.

alemond
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Same here, where do you hang out/ride?

Headed for 90's we will be on the water all weekend.
building a house in briar cliff its not done yet but hopefully by the end of summer. right now i am traveliing